Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help, I need some suggestions, I'm at a loss please.

Default Re: Help, I need some suggestions, I'm at a loss please.

Her teeth look fine to me she grinds them herself.

SammysMom is offline Administrator, Conn. Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitator

Has she had any of the Benedryl since you got it?
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

No I'm going to mix it with flavor and see if she will not mind it. I tried to give it to her and she ran around rubbing her face everywhere.

If you have the dose just draw it up and give it to her. She will get over it before you know it.

Okay will try again!

Quote Originally Posted by devmorales123
    I have the childrens 12mg/5ml cherry flavor. I tasted it and it is bitter. I should of gotten a different flavor.

Ah. You can add anything sweet to it - jut make sure you have the exact amount of the med first...grenadine, karo syrup, maple syrup, you can even make your own sugar syrup... I would get a few doses in her and see if there is any improvement. If this is an allergic reaction of some kind, benadryl is pretty effective.

Stepnstone brings up something REALLY IMPORTANT!!! How are her teeth? Try to see the roof of her mouth behind her front teeth - you will need a flashlight and likely some help...but if she punched a hole in her upper palate with her lower teeth in a fall, it would cause a lot of this and her teeth wouldn't even have to necessarily be overgrown to have it happen...

Okay I will check that again I checked before and didn't see nothing but it never hurts to check again and how long should I give the baytril for 7 days or 3 to 6 weeks long term treatment?

Bendryl is as needed. Be very concious of whether she s better after she has it.

Quote Originally Posted by devmorales123
    Okay I will check that again I checked before and didn't see nothing but it never hurts to check again and how long should I give the baytril for 7 days or 3 to 6 weeks long term treatment?

In my opinion, if you don't see improvement in a few days with an antibiotic; something different is needed.

The benadryl is 3 times a day or every 6 hours - get some in her now and more before bed.

Okay thank you for your help. When should the benadryl start working? Also I will take a look at the roof of her mouth and posted back.

If it is an allergic reaction, you should see some improvement fairly quickly - a few doses.

Can you take a pic of her so we can see her face?

So I looked in her mouth and there is no holes but there is this white color spot that was not there the two other times I checked her mouth and I checked her ears and there is more build up of wax. She was not like this two, three days ago it is really getting worse and I don't know what to do. The spots look like when you burn your mouth on the side and it turns into a white spot.

If she doesn't improve I think I might give her to a rehabber that can have access to a squirrel vet for the betterment of Rosie I'm just concerned because I wont know what they will do with her and she cant be released because she will never adapt to the outside.

Well, that is not a very good solution... The white spot...where is it? You said you were giving probiotic, right? Are you giving it properly - not heating it and killing the beneficial bacteria?

And how far could you drive if you needed to?

probably a hour but I'm just not going to give her to any body. If there is nothing left that I can do for her then I will have to look for a rehabber for the sake of her own well being. There is only two rehabbers here in GR and I don't get a good feeling about it. The white spot is on both sides of her upper lips on the inside. I know it has to be the liquid baytril because she was Not this bad prior to giving the liquid baytril. She just had discharge and some congestion and her right ear but now its both ears and the congestion is so bad that it is hard for her to eat and drink and there was not NOTHING in her mouth two, three days ago before starting the baytril. I feel so bad for my little girl.

And I just found out this morning when looking at the date on the probiotic that it expired over a year ago that's what probably caused the bloat. I'm going to buy bene bac.

No, I am trying to think of someone who can HELP you, not make you surrender. Is an hour the max? We have an ex-TSB member outside Chicago; another rehabber SW of Chicago...

Look, you know your baby. If you think the baytril is an issue, stop giving it, get her on the benadryl and see if there is any change in her condition.

You initially said you found her on the bed and her nose was swollen. Does she have free range of the house? And was there any other signs of injury - any blood, anything?

She has free range of the upstairs which is my room, her room I always leave her door open so that she can come in my room if she likes. She sleeps in my room at night. When I found her she had to rings of blood around her nose holes with a swollen nose. And I'm not sure how far Chicago is from me. I took her off the liquid baytril but I have her on the pill baytril. I know she is not allergic to baytril because she was on it before. It is only that particular liquid baytril for some reason because that's when all of the other things started happening and everything got worse when starting that baytril.

The liquid Baytril that is being referred to is injectable Baytril, and the pill is 250 mg diluted down according to the WMB book and dosed accordingly.
    Where did you get the injectable Baytril from? If it's a member, don't say their name, I'm just wondering.

Is there anyway that your girl could have gotten electorcuted? Are their any frayed wires around??????????????

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast