Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What saved my pox squirrels

Default What saved my pox squirrels

http://www.caoh.org/liqimbarecbe.html
    0.3 daily dosage.
    This product saved 4 of my squirrels, the worst squirrel having at least 25 lesions on her stomach alone. If you order have it shipped the quickest way possible as it comes from California. I have used it on wild who also recovered by putting it in his water with a bigger dosage.
    The first squirrel was treated with Valtrex and he passed away before we received this medication. Within 2-3 weeks I seen a change in the lesions drying and remarkable changes over all. Once the healing began it was about another 10 days until pox was not noticeable. I would recommend this for any outside kids I used about 2cc of it in a large pan of water. Another product we tried was Nutriferon from Shaklee I did not notice any big improvements once again the way I did with the CAOH product. Hope this helps someone.
    I believe it is almost impossible to stop the virus it must run its course, you must build up the immunity.

Pa. licenced Rehabber

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to rippie-n-lilgirlsmom from:

LR (11-07-2017)

Default Re: What saved my pox squirrels

I will be ordering some soon as possible. It seems Pox is in my state also. Thank you Rippie for this wonderful info!
    "If God Brings You To It, He Will Bring You Thru It!!"

Without compassion, nothing else really matters

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Sissy from:

LR (11-07-2017)

Rippie!

You don't stop by often, but boy when you do
    This is wonderful information. Thank you and thank you and thank you!
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Great news, Pox is such an awful disease. Bless you for posting this we need all the weapons we can get!
    Come back more often, we miss you.
    Anne
    Wildlife and Squirrel Rescue,Inc.
    Rescuing Fl squirrels since 1979
    Moderator: NFSA Emergency Care
    Wildlife Intake Coordinator and Rehab Consultant at "The Ark Wildlife Care and Sanctuary Inc"
    http://www.thearkwildlifecareandsanctuary.com/

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but learning to how to dance in the rain"

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it taken place."
    George Bernard Shaw

"Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear." - Mark Twain

I cannot say enough good things about this product! I am sure it would aid any illness. But this is a product you do not want to be without if you are treating pox. I still have valtrex on hand ..but I would not give it, It can be hard on the kidneys. I dealt with the horrible pox for many many months, and learned a lot. Nothing teaches you as much as what is in your hands. I have a lot of pictures to share (shocking). I am 0n my way out the door to work but I will be back to post them!!

Pa. licenced Rehabber

Ok here are a few pictures of my Baby girl who had the worst case. Even more so than the sweet Buddy who died before he could get the immune booster. You will see her at her worst and then her progress.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Pa. licenced Rehabber

Getting better. Last picture is of brother Piney who had it the worst of the boys his PP was swollen 10x its normal size. He had about 7 pox. It took a good week to start to notice a difference (then the drying began) after 2 weeks they were almost gone. Once again here is the link to the immune barrier; http://www.caoh.org/liqimbarecbe.html

Pa. licenced Rehabber

Garden71 Guest

I already ordered some and they ship quick . I am giving it to my wilds and they LOVE it.

Garden, you are a smart cookie!!!

Pa. licenced Rehabber

Last picture of my sweeties, I could finally breathe. Thank you Anne, miss you all too!
    I tried giving Valtrex to BG but it started making her sick to her stomach, after day 4, I stopped the next day she came out and started playing again. It just did not agree with her. At the same time I had just received the immune barrier and began that immediately. The results were impressive to me.

Pa. licenced Rehabber

Milo's Mom is offline Permitted Pennsylvania Wildlife Rehabilitator

I am in the process of preparing my arsenal for the coming season and this is on my list!
    Thank you very much for the recommendation and the progressive pics Rippie!!

Top-quality custom cage gear, accessories, blankets, & toys.
    Boutique items are fun, unique, and anything but ordinary.

TSB thread: Auntie MM's Custom Boutique Website: https://auntiemmscb.square.site/ Facebook: Auntie MM's Facebook Page

Garden71 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
    Garden, you are a smart cookie!!!
    The Skuls told me about Echinacea from GNC that I give to my wilds and they LOVE it. And I read about this so I alternate between the two. You are the smart one.

Hi Rippie,

I don't know if you'll even read this as this is an old thread, but was wondering if the CaOH product was the only one you used to treat your pox squirrels? I'm treating one now and have ordered this product but as I look through other threads about pox treatment it seems there are MANY different treatment options. My squirrel is progressing quite quickly. He first showed signs of pox about 2.5-3 weeks ago with a little bump on his eye. His eye is now quite swollen and his breathing a little laboured. Bumps are beginning to break out over his body. His behaviour is still good, eating well and active. I ordered my CaOH a week ago but haven't receive it yet. I'm wondering if I shouldn't start getting some antibiotic polysporin eye drops in his eye and see a vet about getting some Nystop or Acyclovir or something. Do you know if I need to see a vet to get these products? Any other suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

An antibiotic won't help unless there is a secondary infection as pox is a virus. You need to just try to boost the immune system and hope for the best. Have you tried Echinacea and the like?

I haven't tried echinacea because I expected this product to arrive a couple days ago. I've been using a natural cell health booster that is diluted in water - hard to tell if it's helping or not. I was also thinking of offering him some coconut oil since I know it has some antiviral properties. What form of echinacea do you recommend? I have echinacea lozenges with zinc that I've used for myself. I could dilute them in water to give to him.

Thanks.

I have no idea. But if you search for squirrel pox on this site you should find a variety of threads which deal with treatment.

Garden71 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zoeetal View Post
    I haven't tried echinacea because I expected this product to arrive a couple days ago. I've been using a natural cell health booster that is diluted in water - hard to tell if it's helping or not. I was also thinking of offering him some coconut oil since I know it has some antiviral properties. What form of echinacea do you recommend? I have echinacea lozenges with zinc that I've used for myself. I could dilute them in water to give to him.

Thanks.
    Sorry you have to go through this. I just ordered more of the CAOH I mix it in the water I give to my wilds. They usually ship fast hope you get it soon. I also used GNC Echinacea I don't know if that is available to you. My wilds love it.

I just received the CAOH today so I gave him 0.3ml undiluted right away. He's looking pretty rough, it's definitely advancing. Hoping it's not too late for him to fight back. I've been rubbing his sores with coconut oil, a natural antiseptic that also helps heal. So I guess I just hang tight now and hope for the best. I hope it doesn't get worse before it gets better. Poor little guy. Thanks!

If it is a virus would a human antivirus help? Like Valacyclovir that they give for herpes? Is squirrel pox a herpes?
    We live in a heaven created by our virtues --- Muktananda

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast