Thread: What saved my pox squirrels

Hybrid View

Default What saved my pox squirrels

http://www.caoh.org/liqimbarecbe.html
    0.3 daily dosage.
    This product saved 4 of my squirrels, the worst squirrel having at least 25 lesions on her stomach alone. If you order have it shipped the quickest way possible as it comes from California. I have used it on wild who also recovered by putting it in his water with a bigger dosage.
    The first squirrel was treated with Valtrex and he passed away before we received this medication. Within 2-3 weeks I seen a change in the lesions drying and remarkable changes over all. Once the healing began it was about another 10 days until pox was not noticeable. I would recommend this for any outside kids I used about 2cc of it in a large pan of water. Another product we tried was Nutriferon from Shaklee I did not notice any big improvements once again the way I did with the CAOH product. Hope this helps someone.
    I believe it is almost impossible to stop the virus it must run its course, you must build up the immunity.

Pa. licenced Rehabber

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to rippie-n-lilgirlsmom from:

LR (11-07-2017)

Default Re: What saved my pox squirrels

I will be ordering some soon as possible. It seems Pox is in my state also. Thank you Rippie for this wonderful info!
    "If God Brings You To It, He Will Bring You Thru It!!"

Without compassion, nothing else really matters

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Sissy from:

LR (11-07-2017)

Rippie!

You don't stop by often, but boy when you do
    This is wonderful information. Thank you and thank you and thank you!
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Great news, Pox is such an awful disease. Bless you for posting this we need all the weapons we can get!
    Come back more often, we miss you.
    Anne
    Wildlife and Squirrel Rescue,Inc.
    Rescuing Fl squirrels since 1979
    Moderator: NFSA Emergency Care
    Wildlife Intake Coordinator and Rehab Consultant at "The Ark Wildlife Care and Sanctuary Inc"
    http://www.thearkwildlifecareandsanctuary.com/

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but learning to how to dance in the rain"

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it taken place."
    George Bernard Shaw

"Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear." - Mark Twain

I cannot say enough good things about this product! I am sure it would aid any illness. But this is a product you do not want to be without if you are treating pox. I still have valtrex on hand ..but I would not give it, It can be hard on the kidneys. I dealt with the horrible pox for many many months, and learned a lot. Nothing teaches you as much as what is in your hands. I have a lot of pictures to share (shocking). I am 0n my way out the door to work but I will be back to post them!!

Pa. licenced Rehabber

Quote Originally Posted by rippie-n-lilgirlsmom View Post
    0.3 daily dosage.
    This product saved 4 of my squirrels, the worst squirrel having at least 25 lesions on her stomach alone. If you order have it shipped the quickest way possible as it comes from California. I have used it on wild who also recovered by putting it in his water with a bigger dosage.
    The first squirrel was treated with Valtrex and he passed away before we received this medication. Within 2-3 weeks I seen a change in the lesions drying and remarkable changes over all. Once the healing began it was about another 10 days until pox was not noticeable. I would recommend this for any outside kids I used about 2cc of it in a large pan of water. Another product we tried was Nutriferon from Shaklee I did not notice any big improvements once again the way I did with the CAOH product. Hope this helps someone.
    I believe it is almost impossible to stop the virus it must run its course, you must build up the immunity.
    If you find the amount in the first thread is not helping for the outside squirrels only) I would double this!! Sorry I can't remember how to amend a thread if some one could do it for me? Ty

Pa. licenced Rehabber

Can someone please confirm how the COAH liquid Immune Barrier is given and how may cc to give them in a syringe. I have 2 girls that are about 10 weeks, and 1 of them has pox's all over her. The other is fine and they have been living together. She has slowly progressed over the past 4 weeks. I just started to give her COAH supliment .15cc/ml twice daily by mixing it with water and feeding with 3cc syringe. She will only take about have then realizes that is not Esbalic. Can I give it full strength squirting it in her mouth?

Also,

What is the progression of squirrel pox? She has over 20 bumps and they are just starting to scab in spots but still look like lumps of skin, not tumor or wort. . Is that good or bad. Should I start and antibiotic as soon as they scab or look infected or is it too late for her? If she is improving will the shrink and go away or harden and fall off?

Thanks in advanced,
    Jake

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to jeepin48 from:

LR (11-07-2017)

The OP recommends as follows, at the top of this thread:

0.3 daily dosage.

0.3 is not a large amount; I would imagine you could slip a syring right under the muzzle and squirt before your squirrel realized what was going on. Otherwise, you could split the dose to 0.15 twice daily, so even less would have to be given.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

Michelangelo

You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

13. Serious fuzzy thank you's to island rehabber from:

LR (11-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber View Post
    The OP recommends as follows, at the top of this thread:

0.3 daily dosage.

0.3 is not a large amount; I would imagine you could slip a syring right under the muzzle and squirt before your squirrel realized what was going on. Otherwise, you could split the dose to 0.15 twice daily, so even less would have to be given.

Hey IR, if you look at Rippie's last post, she suggests DOUBLING that dose...

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    Hey IR, if you look at Rippie's last post, she suggests DOUBLING that dose...

Missed that -- thank you, Crit!!
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

Michelangelo

You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

CAOH Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rippie-n-lilgirlsmom View Post
    0.3 daily dosage.
    Hi several of your members have been using our Liquid Immune Barrier to help with these little guys and want to post a discount coupon for you all for Squirrel Board Special $2.00 + 100 Reward Points. The coupon code is: squirrelboardspecial

I also want to recommend a product through some research I did SeaBuckthorn Oil .

Please pass the word and we hope this helps.

CAOH

17. 7 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CAOH:

Ekorre (07-06-2017), island rehabber (07-10-2017), Lighten-Up (07-07-2017), LR (11-07-2017), Mel1959 (07-06-2017), missPixy (07-07-2017), Nancy in New York (07-13-2017)

CAOH Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CAOH View Post
    Hi several of your members have been using our Liquid Immune Barrier to help with these little guys and want to post a discount coupon for you all for Squirrel Board Special $2.00 + 100 Reward Points. The coupon code is: squirrelboardspecial

I also want to recommend a product through some research I did SeaBuckthorn Oil .

Please pass the word and we hope this helps.

CAOH
    Sorry guys forgot to enable the coupon on our site. Please try again if you had trouble.

19. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CAOH from:

island rehabber (07-10-2017)

Thank you very, very much!

I suggest that all who rehab here, or love their yard squirrels, have a bottle on hand even if you have never seen pox in your area. THere is always a first time and catching it early is the key to survival!
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

Michelangelo

You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

21. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to island rehabber:

Diggie's Friend (07-13-2017), LR (11-07-2017)

CAOH Guest

Default CAOH xoxo

Name:  Carry-On.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  93.9 KB

23. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CAOH:

LR (11-07-2017), Nancy in New York (11-07-2017)

Just info here. There is significant data that shows these sources have the potential to heal pox. For details see my thread in Specific Ailments under Squirrel Pox on Pycnogenol (monograph), and Dragon's blood, both tree sap sources.

https://www.amazon.com/Dragons-1-01f.../dp/B00MG2CX7I

An old source used in traditional Chinese medicine, but newly available in the west, Dragon's blood from the sap from the Croton tree, contains both anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties, being high in polyphenols much like Pycnogenol. Dragons' blood sap used on animal pox (just as long as the squirrel cannot ingest it), helps to dry up pox and speed healing in both animal and human patients.

Interesting possible source under cold sore product all natural organic, food grade, etc. Haven't used this, yet the sources include a number of anti viral natural ingredients including Dragon's blood tree sap, and pIne sap, again both high in polyphenols, anti oxidants, anti viral, and anti bacterial.

http://www.puremedy.com/Puremedy%20M...%20Catalog.pdf

25. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Diggie's Friend from:

island rehabber (11-07-2017)