Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hurt toe baby needs help

Stephanie K Zon Guest

Default Re: hurt toe baby needs help

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel
    Hi Steph,

Just wanted you to know that I raised Annie alone and she was clingy too, when she was young. But as she matured nature kicked in and she was ready to move out.
    I did a soft release on her and it was beautiful to see her in her element. I cried like a baby when she climbed up a 60 foot Oak tree for the first time. I was telling her to be careful.."you have never been that high before!"
    I am sure I looked like a crazy woman telling a squirrel to come down!!
    Annie comes to the feeders everyday and I still get to hold her and scratch her back and belly. It is an awesome feeling to see her as a wild squirrel and as a backyard friend too.
    Good luck with Missy.
    Hi Rebecca How are doing ? boy have you heard about all my good luck? I think maybe we are on the right track, she is doing good I think her toe os still there and she isn't peeing for me right now but I got feedback that they stop peeing when there eyes open I will keep a close eye on it plus some told me to get cranberry powder so I will. I sure am getting close to this little doll. Yes it will be hard to let go may be a little harder than my kids cause I know they will be back.HaHA Well if you haven't heard some one on line yesterday read i had a limited income and came back and told me to take her to the vet and call him and he payed for it I was a little lirry But said yes I just didn't know what I was going to do to help her Last week taking her to the vet killed me but I would rather do with out as to lose her. And then her toe was still saved and then when I get home my daughters friend came by with a huge cage it has a little tree in it and a nest box that will come in the house ond one that goes out side it is a great cage when she is big enough to put in it . She is already all over the place she can't stay in the box much longer How big do you let them get befor you put them in a big cage? and ho9w long do you keep them sleeping on heat? boy I never run out of questions. I am so glad you guys are there I never dreamed a little squirrel would bring so much to my life. well got togo time to feed again. Thanks for thinking of me . You have been a great help and Iam so gratful for every one out there. It is like I have a whole new world to go to. Stephanie you have a great day god bless you

Default Re: hurt toe baby needs help

Wow Stephanie, your little squirrelgirl is certainly taking you on an adventure. As for the cage, as soon as she seems coordinated enough to climb around on things without really getting in trouble -- and if she's big enough so she can't slip thru the bars of the cage or get stuck -- she's ready. You don't need to keep heat under her once she is in a cage with a nest box, unless your home is unusually chilly. Put her in the sunshine whenever possible because this gives her the vitamins she really needs and is necessary for her bones. She may be ready to chew on a raw almond (no salt) or a piece of walnut, too. How many cc's is she eating at each meal?
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.