Thread: Adult, Little to no movement in hind legs.

charleysummerlin Guest

Default Adult, Little to no movement in hind legs.

Hey everyone,

I am new to this website and found it while doing a Google search for healthcare tips. This afternoon my by was pulling into his driveway and saw a squirrel struggling to make its way across the street. He got out of the car, gently picked it up, and brought it inside and placed it in a box in a dark warm room. I just spent the past three months raising three babies (who unfortunately passed right before they were to be released), so he called me over today to look at her. She is absolutely pitiful and just drags her back legs around whenever she tries to move. She's definitely an adult, so I wasn't sure whether to feed her the FoxValley I have for nutritional purposes, or to just stick to nuts and some fruit. My vet won't let me bring her in, and I'm pretty sure at least one (if not both) of her legs are broken. If you try to pick her up she bites, but she seems to be "soothed" if you just pet her while she is laying down. I don't want her to die and am not sure what to do. Any suggestions???

Thanks so much!

Default Re: Adult, Little to no movement in hind legs.

Okay, thank-you for helping this girl. The best thing would be for us to help her get to someone with experience with these type of injuries. Until then, do you see any wounds on her body or her head? Very often, the lack of use in their hind legs is due to a spinal injury and they do sometimes heal. Is there aany chance that you might have or get Prednisone? Not saying that it is what you need to do, but it is a distinct possibility that it will be called for. For now, can you post a picture or email one to me at vfwpost7666@sbcglobal.net so I can post it?

Out of curiosity, what happened to the three babies you were raising that caused them to pass away?
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

I agree with sammysmom, definitely sounds like a spinal injury. she needs to get to a rehabber. she is suffering and needs fast attention soo that being said where about are you soo we can help u find someone close to you. don't need ur address just location.. thank you for taking her in now we need to get her medical attention fast..

I did offer her someone to take him, but she had already found someone where she lives to take him. I am praying it worked out...
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

Thank you SM, I hope soo too

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.