Thread: need help again the hurt toe baby

Stephanie K Zon Guest

Default need help again the hurt toe baby

well I am going to try and get every thing down right. Frist this is Stephanie again and her toe is doing great, an little about her frist. She is a grey squirrel she just opened her eyes about 3 days now, Her wieght is 4.7 oz and she is eating about 3 1cc syringes of formula a feeding about every 3 or 4 hours I feed her esbilac with a little whip cream in it I read it was good for them. I give her erythromycin and pedialyte when she gets sick like a tick or if her foot got infected she isn't on any right now but I am worried about her eating when I try to feed her it is like she chokes on it all the time allmost every other swollow and I have to turn her up side down and give her a little shake so the formula will run out. Her teeth are realy long, how long they are supposed to be I don't know. They almost cris cross at the tips and they are almost see though I looked at them with a strong eye glass. only on the tips are they see though.She is gong to the bathroom good I think she goes pee almost every time I make her but she don't aalways have a bm I think it is because I just got finished changing her over from the krm, but she is about every other feeding. This isn't like raising a baby there are so many things I don't know and it makes me very fearful of hurting her. I have a big cage being delivered Saturday but I don't know when to put her in it I hope she goes back to the wild but I know I have a while befor that should I start putting food in yet and what is a monkey biscit? I seen these apple blocks are they good for them I have been told they are a rodent and will eat any thing. I have some oring syrings coming in the mail from Squirrels and More and my sister is sending me some to because she raised birds knowing a little about birds has helped with this little squirrel. I guess I better go now I can't think of any more questions right now it is late here and I still have one more feeding befor I go to bed. Oh how about dog biscits better quit about my little girl squirrel . Well thank you don't know what I would do with out the people there she wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for the Squirrle Board so God bless you all. Stephanie

CliffordandDaisy'sDad Guest

Default Re: need help again the hurt toe baby

Steph, can you tell when you're feeding her if you're putting the formula in faster than she can suck it down? or if she's burping it back up?

First thing I would do, start feeding her very slowly and in smaller amounts - more often.

Clifford sorta had that problem for a while and I just fed him less a lot more often. His stomach was shrunk from going without food for so long. It took a couple of weeks for him to catch back up to Daisy.

CliffordandDaisy'sDad Guest

Default Re: need help again the hurt toe baby

Here's two very good legitimate guides on carrying for orphan squirrels. You should read them Steph, there might be something in them that would help you out. I don't know.

http://www.geocities.com/rainforest/...119/manual.pdf

http://www.2ndchance.info/foxsqrrl.htm

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.