Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick ToothTrim

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

Default Quick ToothTrim

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/k...t=100_1575.flv

This is MY ROCKY...ruler of my world! my one tooth wonder!

This is not really good video...I should have gone slower, but I have woke him up 3 times already today, but he got a no no treat a small potatoe chip Freds first video, and second time holding camera,
    Maybe try to get a better one!
    Amazed I got it here period, not the same way I did in practice last night
    but for what it is, I hope it helps you decide

squirrel princess Guest

Default Re: Quick ToothTrim

and what a good patient

Pam Guest

Thanks for the video Jackie. Rocky is such a good boy! He's handsome, too!!

I am going to try to trim Roxy's teeth at home. She has been going to hubby's clinic every couple of months to have them trimmed under gas anesthesia. Of course she gets the royal treatment, but she would prefer to stay home.

I will try to make a slower, more instructional video, my camera is not so good either...
    Pam, how often does Roxy go?

Pam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie in Tampa
    I will try to make a slower, more instructional video, my camera is not so good either...
    Pam, how often does Roxy go?
    Roxy's teeth only have to be trimmed three or four times a year. John only has to give her a little gas to make her sleepy for the trim. She wakes up as soon as he is finished.

What a good little patient

Heh heh

When I was a kid no dentist in his right mind would have stuck any finger in my mouth like that

Wow that was a great video of teeth trimming. Rocky is such a good squirrel to be so still. I was wondering how long you have been doing that and if he was always that good?

Pam, I think if your little squirrel has more than just one tooth, it might be easier to take him 3 or 4 times a year. I had two squirrels who had four large teeth each to trim and couldn't really be done with the clippers. I used a dremel saw and the gas to sedate them. They got so used to going to he clinic it was so much less stressful. They would have to be "mummy wrapped" and the buzz saw would have freaked them out. Jackie, you are very lucky to have such a wonderful squirrel and one little toothy
    Tribute to my dear Wheezer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfmpVgdwCi8
    New favorites squirrel video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu22KiUQFmY

This is kinda a continuation on an existing thread...but I have little to no experience ...sorry, we can move if we need to
    In the other thread, I posted that teeth trimming should be done by a Vet. The only 3 reasons I clip are
    This will be forever with Rocky, and that much gas scares me...for life.
    ching ching $$$$$
    Rocky likes me best!

Anyone considering doing this themselves could create more problems than they started with. ODONTOMAS, eye gouging, cut sq....alot can go wrong!

Please be careful

Wow, that was a great video Rocky is a wonderful little squirrel to be so good He obviously trust you a lot and seemed to be used to it. I was wondering how long you have been trimming him?

I had two squirrels who had 4 teeth each to trim every 4 to 6 weeks. They were too tough to safely trim with clippers so I used the dremel saw. I worked at a wildlife clinic so I could use the gas and it was very easy and they got used to the trip

Pam, if your Roxy has more than one tooth, it might just be easier on her to use the gas. They just sleep through the trimming

Pam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wheezer

Pam, I think if your little squirrel has more than just one tooth, it might be easier to take him 3 or 4 times a year. I had two squirrels who had four large teeth each to trim and couldn't really be done with the clippers. I used a dremel saw and the gas to sedate them. They got so used to going to he clinic it was so much less stressful. They would have to be "mummy wrapped" and the buzz saw would have freaked them out. Jackie, you are very lucky to have such a wonderful squirrel and one little toothy
    Roxy has to have three teeth trimmed. (She had to have one pulled when she was about four months old.) I'm might not be able to trim her teeth at home. She is almost six years old and set in her ways. She does not like my husband, and she does not like to be held down. She can cuss like a sailor. I think John enjoys doing her teeth because he gets to hold her while she's sleepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    Roxy has to have three teeth trimmed. (She had to have one pulled when she was about four months old.) I'm might not be able to trim her teeth at home. She is almost six years old and set in her ways. She does not like my husband, and she does not like to be held down. She can cuss like a sailor. I think John enjoys doing her teeth because he gets to hold her while she's sleepy.
    You are right, at 6 years she is set in her ways. I wouldn't want to hold her down I like the part where John likes to hold her when sleepy Awwww

Quote Originally Posted by wheezer
    Wow that was a great video of teeth trimming. Rocky is such a good squirrel to be so still. I was wondering how long you have been doing that and if he was always that good?

Rocky knows...Dentist
    He has dental history...last year Dr.L pulled other upper. He had abcess.
    Prior to that tooth dying and extraction, for a couple years, I clipped both top teeth. He is sweetie
    Pam, Rocky will be 6 July 27th....pppaaarrrttttyyyy!!!!

Pam Guest

Big party!! Roxy will be 6, July 25. That was the night my border collie brought her to my doorstep. She was a tiny pinkie. My son had named her Rocky because he thought she was a he. We quickly changed her name to Roxy.

I love that video, you guys make that look soooo easy
    I love the sweet little chirping!!

SECRET'S MOM AKA..THERESA

THE MOM OF:

THE DOXIES LILY AND GUS
    THE CHIHUAHUA"S GRETCHEN AND PEEKA AND...
    SECRET FLYING SQUIRREL AGENT DOUBLE 008

Good job, Jackie! Dang you're good!
    Henry's Healthy Pets
    Henry's Healthy Blocks, Fox Valley Formula, Fleecies Cage Gear and more

The animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations… ~Henry Beston, The Outermost House, 1928

Wow. Jackie, that's a great video. Rocky must be the most docile squirrel in the history of the universe. And you're obviously a seasoned professional! Any chance you want to come by my house Thank you so much for sharing

Buddy'sMom Guest

Cool video!! Rocky is amazingly trusting and docile! Wow!
    Rocky

tatcat Guest

Rocky knows...Dentist
    He has dental history...last year Dr.L pulled other upper. He had abcess.
    Prior to that tooth dying and extraction, for a couple years, I clipped both top teeth. He is sweetie

woo hoo, jackie...that is on a sunday...i just may have to make his some cookies and bring him a gift...he sure is a talker...he was so cute today...i am glad i got to meet him and sarah... for a wonderful afternoon....

Tatcat...your fibbing...he was a grouchy BH
    That's ok, we all have naughty days...
    He really is usually a sweetie. ..
    Next time

tatcat Guest

jackie, he was fine....just moody as ya said...we all have our days..my fatcat is the same way...sometimes he wants in and sometimes out...and so on......an on....and on...in one evening...it gets tiring...as in tonite...meow=i want in....10 min later...meow=i want out...10 min later...meow=i want in...10 min later...meow=i want out...it gets aggrivating, but he is "OLD AND CRABBY" and spoiled ROTTEN...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast