Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Tes Guest

Post Re: Maggie opens her eyes

Hi my name is tes, and I am new at all this and I have a question! I received 3 babies squirrels that I'm guessing to be about 5 or 6 weeks old! One of the little girls has her eyes open for about 3 days but the other two are still closed, is this normal? I've had them for over two weeks now, and am so thankful I found this web sight! They have diarrhea so when I got on here there was so much information, and am happy to say that they are much better thanks to all of you! I'm having a really hard time with them doing their business every where, even on each other! Will that ever get any better? I raised one a couple of years ago and he always did his busines on a paper towel beside his bed, even when he didn't have eyes open! I truly enjoyed him and it broke my heart when we released him! Also another question is what do I feed them next after their eyes are open!

Default Re: Maggie opens her eyes

Please start a new thread under non-emergency for your babies. Diarrhea is life threatening if they still have it. What are you feeding them now? How much? What do they weigh? How often are you feeding? Can you post some pics? It helps us evaluate.