Thread: 10 weeks, how often to feed formula now

Default 10 weeks, how often to feed formula now

I noticed my little guys weren't interested in eating formula at each feeding until I took them down to 3 feedings and now two a day. I am already seeing the lack of interest at 2 feedings now. At 10 weeks can I go down to just 1 feeding? What is the best time of day to feed them just once? (if they are fed less often, they seem to take anywhere from 18 to 27 cc's in a feeding) Some will only take 3 or 6 cc's in the morning now, one still will take 18 or more. Do I treat all 4 boys the same or just feed twice a day to the ones interested? They are on HHB's and lots of vegies...eating a very nutritious squirrel board diet right now, outside of the formula. I'm also noticing they go to bed a lot earlier now...either because they are older or because they just love their new nest box??

Default Re: 10 weeks, how often to feed formula now

Quote Originally Posted by 4squirrels
    I Do I treat all 4 boys the same or just feed twice a day to the ones interested? They are on HHB's and lots of vegies...eating a very nutritious squirrel board diet right now, outside of the formula. I'm also noticing they go to bed a lot earlier now...either because they are older or because they just love their new nest box??
    First off, good job, 4squirrels!!
    I have a whole mess of 10-11 weekers here and I offer FV twice a day. I do try to remember who ate how much and when, but to be honest it doesn't always happen. My guys do the same as yours: 6cc one time, then 27cc the next . So long as they are getting their healthy diet foods it's all good.....they know what they need. As for the early bedtime, they are falling into the natural rhythm of nature for diurnal creatures: up with the sun, down with the sun. It's exactly what they should be doing.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Default Re: 10 weeks, how often to feed formula now

Mine said a flat out no to FV at 10 and a half weeks. I tried morning and night for four more days and just stopped trying- they were weaned. Keep offering until all have refused for several days their just trying their hand at big squirrelness