Thread: size and weight difference between siblings?

Default size and weight difference between siblings?

I finally got an accurate weight on my two squirrels and I am concerned about the disparity in size between the two. They are siblings. I got them when they were 1-3 days old as pinkies... They are 8.5 weeks old now and I am a little surprised and concerned about the weight difference and wondering if this is a problem?

Biff (male) weighs 242 grams

Whiskers (female) weighs 209 grams

I should also mention Whiskers was the smallest of the litter when they were found, she was severely set back with bouts of dehydration for her first week I had them, and she didn't open her eyes until she was 6 weeks old.

Could she be stunted? or is it possible she will blossom later. She eats well and VERY active, she eats fruits veggies and blocks (she really likes the blocks) and gets 12-14 cc's a feeding. (sometimes she doesn't want all her formula if she has been eating other stuff... full tummy)

Default Re: size and weight difference between siblings?

They sound ok - squirrels are like people...... one size does not fit all and dont forget when you start giving them HHB squirrel blocks and regular food they will start to put on some extra weight. I always say.... as long as they are eating well and putting on healthy weight they are doing fine for them.

Default Re: size and weight difference between siblings?

Thank you