Thread: Need a Rehabber or babysitter

Default Need a Rehabber or babysitter

I found 4 baby boy grey squirrels the Tuesday b4 Labor Day (eyes were closed). They are doing great, thanks to the squirrel board info found and I'm guessing they are 6 to 7 weeks old now. We successfully raised a single boy and released to the wild several years ago (came back to visit for 2 yrs). Now I have these 4 (momma was killed by a kitty), which is going great...but I have a dilemma. I have a vacation coming up 9/20 to 9/25 and haven't been able to find a babysitter. I don't have a licensed rehabber in my county and I would prefer someone to just take care of them and give them back to me anyway...so I'm afraid to call anyone in neighboring county rehabbers as I may never see my babies again Plus this is kind of silly, but I'm afraid that the rehabber won't feed Fox Valley food! How do I find just a caring person in my area to babysit? Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Default Re: Need a Rehabber or babysitter

I can't help with the babysitting...just wanted to say they are adorable!! Good luck finding a sitter and have a great vacation!!
    “You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals.” Paul McCartney

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo is offline Licensed rehabber specializing in squirrels and bunnies, Ohio

Where are you located? It's hard to find a babysitter if we don't know where you are. PM if you don't want to disclose your state and county.
    SQUIRRELS RULE AND BUNNIES TOO!

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
    Where are you located? It's hard to find a babysitter if we don't know where you are. PM if you don't want to disclose your state and county.
    Yeah that!
    where are you?
    I'll Babysit if you PROMISE to come get them..

Thanks Jackie in Tampa...would love to have an excuse to go to Tampa, but that wouldn't help me out with my babysitting problem I PM'd another member...not sure I should disclose for everyone to see where I live.

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

yeah, never give your addy...
    just a basic location, county and state.
    TSB has many safe members..

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo is offline Licensed rehabber specializing in squirrels and bunnies, Ohio

Got the location and I'm not sure of anyone in the area .
    SQUIRRELS RULE AND BUNNIES TOO!

nsquirrel Guest

I live in newton county Indiana is that close?

I'm in west KY... but they are so cute, I don't know if I would give them back... Mwahahahahahahahahah

CSL

Wink Re: Need a Rehabber or babysitter

Found a sitter! We are involved in scouting and one of our scout mom's is taking them in while we are on vacation. I am sooooo excited and feel very confident of her doing great with them. Also found someone who does wild animal rehab (not licensed, but has raised baby raccoons, squirrels and even a monkey) nearby as a backup. Found her through friend of a friend on Facebook...sometimes it helps to network!

sid'smommy Guest

I live in Jasper County, Indiana... I can keep them for you. I currently have a lone 7-8 week old that Im looking for her a "buddy". She came to me a little older, but I still worry about her going out there all alone I think she is getting used to the belly rubs after eating My baby gets fox valley as well....Please let me know if I can help!