Thread: Who posted the article about pedialyte?

Default Who posted the article about pedialyte?

I wasn't sure where to post this question.

I recently read an article that someone shared here about why pedialyte shouldn't be mixed with formula. It went in to detail about the pedialyte working against the protein (or something like that). It was a really good article and I want to find it again.

Can somebody help?
    LICENSED MISSOURI WILDLIFE REHABILITATOR

Default Re: Who posted the article about pedialyte?

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Girls Mom
    I wasn't sure where to post this question.

I recently read an article that someone shared here about why pedialyte shouldn't be mixed with formula. It went in to detail about the pedialyte working against the protein (or something like that). It was a really good article and I want to find it again.

Can somebody help?

Is it post #17? Excellent information.

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...423#post775423

Milo's Mom is offline Permitted Pennsylvania Wildlife Rehabilitator

Is this a sticky? Can it be a sticky? Should it be a sticky?

I am going to copy and keep it anyway. This is REALLY good and it makes SO much sense!

Top-quality custom cage gear, accessories, blankets, & toys.
    Boutique items are fun, unique, and anything but ordinary.

TSB thread: Auntie MM's Custom Boutique Website: https://auntiemmscb.square.site/ Facebook: Auntie MM's Facebook Page

Nancy, thank you soooo much!! This is exactly what I was looking for. It makes so much sense.

And yes, MM, I definitely think it should be a sticky!!

You know, I see a lot of people using imodium, too. I learned the hard way to be really careful when using imodium.

I'll make this as short as possible. About 10 years ago, we hosted a foreign exchange student from Turkeye. Her parents invited my daughters and I to visit them for much of the summer. My youngest daughter got diarrhea so I gave her imodium. Yeah, she ended up in a rural hospital in a foreign country (on the East/Iraq side of Turkeye) with internal bleeding from amoebas (a genus of Protozoa). Had I not given her the imodium, her own immune system could have fought it off and she would have pooped it out. Actually, we all ended up with amoebas. What a lovely experience.

Anyway, since Imodium causes food and other substances to move more slowly through the digestive system, I think we should advise to be careful about which situations one chooses for its use. Diarrhea can be caused by serious infection, bacteria, coccidia, or other disease. If a severe bacteria or poisonous toxin is present and causing diarrhea, you'll want to avoid using a drug which slows digestion.

Too bad we can't pass out scratch & sniff stickers for coccidia or giardia, huh?