Fomay The Squirrel

mjs Olympia's Photos http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/a...palma/Olympia/

mjs Olympia's Thread http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=35525

mjs You Tube http://www.youtube.com/user/JJBBGirl85?feature=mhee

Olympia's facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/messages/olympia.squirrelson
    This person cant spell for Shiz and they have BAD arse grammer

Default Re: human breast milk?

I wonder if 'Nelson' really exists, truthfully. Have you ever seen pics of him? I hate thinking this way, but it was pretty out there, to be feeding your breastmilk to a baby squirrel (one who just happened to be found covered in fly larvae in the bed of your hubbys' truck.) Not saying it couldn't happen, but I don't know. Would you think to feed your breastmilk to a squirrel? Esp. the comment about it being 'fresh and warm', gave me a weird feeling. I have never heard back and I would think if they needed help as they said they did, they would have followed through. JMHO.
    President--Meemor Anonymous,
    Mary...
    MISS YOU NUT, LOVE YOU FOREVER.
    BEAN, NOW IN HEAVEN BUT FOREVER IN MY HEART,
    I AM A BETTER PERSON FOR HAVING LOVED YOU.
    BUDDY...YOU WERE MY BEST FRIEND AND I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER.
    PEANUT...YOU CHANGED ME FOREVER..AND TOOK MY HEART WHEN YOU LEFT.
    I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER AND A DAY.

Just on another thought. It's very possible. I breast fed all four of my children and 2 other children that were not mine, and I wouldn't have hestitated for a moment (BEFORE I knew what kind of millk squirrels needed) to attempt the same thing if I was in that position.
    My thoughts were that maybe she thought someone might try to take him away from her and she really wanted to try to raise him.
    Just trying to think how I would have felt and put myself in her shoes.
    I was afraid with my first squirrel that someone might try to take her, because I had some local (about 2 hours away) said "Oh yes, we need you because we don't have enough people in your area" and then turn right around on another conversation and really talk down to me and act like they don't have time to help me and better I turn him over to the fish and wildlife people.

I was so glad to find the squirrel board. Made me feel a lot better!

I think Nelson is a real squirrel. I think newbie wants to raise him and might feel that we are trying to take him away.
    Newbie we are far from wanting to take Nelson from you. We are here as a group of concerned people that love squirrels and have concerns over his diet.
    Please talk to anyone here on the board for help.
    Squirrels need to have the correct diet to servive. weather he is going to stay with you or If you plan to release .
    Dont let anyone tell you it's just a squirrel. Tell them they have never taken the time to let a squirrel get into your heart!

Well, in her pm's to me, she wanted someone to take him. I offered to give her the supplies and help her if she wanted to do it herself, but she said she would rather someone else with experience raise him, so don't think that was it. I hope he is ok.
    President--Meemor Anonymous,
    Mary...
    MISS YOU NUT, LOVE YOU FOREVER.
    BEAN, NOW IN HEAVEN BUT FOREVER IN MY HEART,
    I AM A BETTER PERSON FOR HAVING LOVED YOU.
    BUDDY...YOU WERE MY BEST FRIEND AND I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER.
    PEANUT...YOU CHANGED ME FOREVER..AND TOOK MY HEART WHEN YOU LEFT.
    I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER AND A DAY.

Curliesmom Guest

Hey guys! Just reading thru this thread. Its possible that she didn't get the goats milk and the breast milk done little Nelson in. The squirrel at 5 and a half weeks wouldn't be up and jumping around. The way she sounded about nelson at first he was a tiny baby with eyes closed and then his eyes were open and he was jumping around. It was a bit confusing. I don't know. I've raised and released my fair share of squirrlies and that didn't sound right. I do hope all is OK with the squirrel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.