Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please no problems, politically or postal, I have a question...

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

Question please no problems, politically or postal, I have a question...

I hate to open a can of worms as I do not have all the info that would clam me up or shut me down..
    BUT, I still want to know what happened...
    I do not want to know the whiney why's ...
    not because I don't care who hurt who, or who did or did not do something....who was right, who wasn't...yada yada...
    I am too far away to help....and I think about these sqs for years now...
    I would love to hear solution has been found...
    If it hasn't...will somone stand up for the sqs, put the drama aside...please.!!
    I love all sqs and they are my criteria...
    if I offend anyone..two tears in a bucket, I am trying not to!!!!
    I PROMISE!
    Did Kristals sqs get released?
    Will someone please volunteer to do this...?
    FOR THE SQUIRRELS
    Thank you!

I will help in any way I can...I will sew and ship cage gear as a trade off, or supplies...whatever I can do to promote solution...
    FOR THE SQUIRRELS

Default Re: please no problems, politically or postal, I have a question...

Jackie, You have such a good heart. I don't remember who Kristal is, I guess out of our area? Hopefully the little fuzzers you speak of are OK. You're the most geneous person I know. You're always looking for a way to help the squirrels. Thank you for that.

I do not believe they have been released. I heard that Kristal has joined two other squirrel boards, however, and may get help with this from those folks.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Did she leave TSB? I hoep she can do the right thing for them.
    President--Meemor Anonymous,
    Mary...
    MISS YOU NUT, LOVE YOU FOREVER.
    BEAN, NOW IN HEAVEN BUT FOREVER IN MY HEART,
    I AM A BETTER PERSON FOR HAVING LOVED YOU.
    BUDDY...YOU WERE MY BEST FRIEND AND I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER.
    PEANUT...YOU CHANGED ME FOREVER..AND TOOK MY HEART WHEN YOU LEFT.
    I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER AND A DAY.

Nope she was banned.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

Michelangelo

You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

I don't want to open a can of worms either but OK, I am now officially tired, hurt and fed up of this. How long will I have to keep hearing about the Kristal issue???????

JACKIE, NO I DON'T BLAME YOU, because like everyone else you don't know the full story, do not know the truth, so please don't take offense but I can't keep my mouth shut forever. There are TWO sides to the story, nobody but precious few (4) have bothered to ask mine. I HAVE kept my mouth shut but the harm has been done and I can clearly see that because I did, many people have already cast their judgement and my reputation has been tainted. I can't do a thing against that without going into the whole story and I won't insult everyone here by dragging everyone into it. It's all fine to say nobody wants to open a can of worms but who else is being put into question here other than me and/or Iwonka???? If we don't respond then automatically we are the ones being judged cold and uncaring.

SO.... ONCE AND FOR ALL: I want things very clear, we DID NOT leave her hanging nor without alternatives. I don't care what rumors she or anyone else have spread but we did offer, Iwonka and I, but she kept finding excuses, and no place was good enough. We offered Kristal two different places, GOOD places to release her squees. Iwonka offered the cage, the transport, the food... everything. Kristal did not take her up on it... the last we heard from her was (and I quote) "I'll keep that in mind". None of the sites "were adequate", even a place run by a rehabber of more than 20 years experience - a place where I, myself, used to release my own before I moved here. No place but mine would have suited her and, for reasons and details you all don't know, I could not accommodate her 1. without risking overcrowding, 2. the neighbors wrath - 3. therefore finding myself unable to rehab anymore if I got caught and 4. most importantly, being hounded by her.

I had to set boundaries and I did.

It's all nice to say people don't want to get involved but I'm the one who was hounded, pushed to the limit and finally harrassed and is still constantly being brought into question over this issue... placed right in the middle of it since she had told everyone she was going to release them at my place before even clearing it with me. For your information, I DID think of the squirrels and that is why I have put up with the c**p for as long as I did, and for the sake of her little guys I not only shut up but I did not even try to defend myself from the public accusations. I'm tired of being told that nobody wants to know the why's. That is all fine, I want this matter closed too, more than anyone else... But if you don't know nor want to know the truth behnd the accusations then all I ask is that you please don't judge me for not wanting to deal with her until you walk a mile in my shoes.

I'm done I will not speak of this issue again.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

This thread is now RE-OPENED, in response to Scooterzmom's request.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

Michelangelo

You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

This has nothing to do with squirrels and I should not add anything here
    BUT
    I knew someone years ago, whom I no longer wished to keep in contact with.
    I was sought out and watched and called , she even came to "visit" for 4 days with out my knowledge of her coming , I didn't even know she knew where I lived.
    Complained , cried and carried on forever about absolutely NOTHING. Everything was about her , attacked her, hurt her, and just constant complaints, you couldn't get a word in. No matter what anyone said , she had her own answer and story and reason . What ever you said was wrong and she was right, "but why don't you want to spend any time with me!!"
    SHE DROVE ME NUTS and my family also.
    I did every thing i could to help her help herself, she turned a deaf ear.

No this isn't about squirrels, but maybe , I am hitting on something here just to show I understand, you can try really hard to help someone and you just cant, they are to all consumed with themselves and their own worth, and total need for attention.
    However I don't feel there was a dig at anyone by Jackie asking about the squirrels and their release.
    Jackie is the Mother of Squirrels , she eats, sleeps and you know what everything squirrels.
    I believe it was just a question because she wants what is best for them and to put all the humane bull aside.
    No judgement...... no finger pointing ......just a question.
    I am sorry SM felt this way. I for one did not take it that way, so I felt I should say that here.
    There are no sides, we are one and we do what we can WHEN we can, and DON'T when we cant.
    I hope I have not said anything I shouldn't have.
    I love you both and the board.

Simon's video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzpwo0r35l0

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.”
    ― Anatole France

T.S.B.=
    LOVE,
    Compassion, Sacrafice, Selflessness, Sharing, Learning, Caring, Passion, Giving, Understanding, .........and did I mention LOVE !!!

yes, there are always at least two sides to each situation...
    the truth, however, is often found somewhere in the middle...and not with one side only...
    Perhaps, there were certain factors that led the other side to decline those two places...
    since the other side of this situation is unable to speak up for itself, and 'drama' obstructs and blurs the view, it might be best not to continue this discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by stosh2010
    T.S.B.=
    LOVE,
    Compassion, Sacrafice, Selflessness, Sharing, Learning, Caring, Passion, Giving, Understanding, .........and did I mention LOVE !!!
    thank you, Stosh...

I guess with me having no squirrels this year and only possums I have been away with the possum people on Facebook, therefore, I have no clue what this is about (or I dont think I do) - but I do know that TSB and the PEOPLE on it would not just turn their backs on a squirrel in need....... I would never judge as I know in my heart there would have to of been a reason as to why the person / squirrel was not helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhapsody
    I would never judge as I know in my heart there would have to of been a reason as to why the person / squirrel was not helped.
    To clarify this mess, the person and her squirrels was offered help time and again...and again.....and again. The person chose not to accept any of the offers.

It is not The Squirrel Board's or any of its members' responsibility to release every squirrel that happens to be in the same geographic location as that member. Releasing a squirrel (or four) properly is an expensive, time-consuming activity and if one offers to do so, then the person receiving the offer should be grateful. Or, find their own site and not involve others at all.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

Michelangelo

You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

Thats what I meant by my statement there IR......... and why I would never judge a member or TSB in a negative way... because I know there would always be a good reason as to WHY some thing did not get done for a precious squirrel - You would not just turn your back and say NO!!.

TSB went up and beyond the Call of Duty for Marven when he needed financial help to have his dental surgery....... and I know TSB would do the same for another squirrel with what ever the need was.

T.S.B.=
    LOVE,
    Stosh !

I would maybe just add Thankfulness and Appreciation...
    ...and LOVE !!!
    My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.
    So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.
    Jack Layton.

Thank you IR, and thank you ALL. Each and everyone of you have stated something very true and very real.

I would, however, like to clarify one thing: I did NOT mean to reproach Jackie personally with my answer. I was miffed, yes... but I do know Jackie is Jackie and she doesn't mince words. But then again, when I feel pushed around, I don't either . So, if my answer seemed directed only at her, it was not intended that way. I was miffed, did not mince words either, I'm sorry about the tone if it offended anyone.

I was miffed because I thought this issue with that person K. had been dealt with. Done and over with a long time ago and I was stunned to find that it was being brought up again, stunned that we were expected again to do something for that person. Seeing this DEAD HORSE (as you put it IR ) resurrected again, not by me but by someone else, and yet this dead horse being one that did involve me, I felt put off because it was clearly us, in Quebec, who were being questioned and summoned to do the right thing...

I had thought it was clear that we all had tried to help and convince the person, that the person was not satisfied with what was offered and that we, on the other hand had nothing left to offer. End of story.

As stated before, we cannot be held accountable for every squirrel, even in our own territory. I love squirrels unequivocally and I'm sorry if I took it that the extent of this love was being questioned.

I'm sorry, Jackie. Just wanted to make it clear that we cannot be expected to do miracles and yes, we do have to set boundaries, and yes everyone here loves squirrels and does their very best for them. I just wish we... everyone ... would remember that and trust that if something was not done, it's because it could not be done.

Let's keep the love shining.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

Garden71 Guest

T.S.B.=
    LOVE,

Scooterzmom, had I meant this thread for YOU, I would have made known it was for you, actually I would have PM'ed you...
    and JUST BECAUSE you have rehabbed a couple sqs does not make you the quebec sq queen to take all responsibility...
    I deal with so many idiots to save sqs..get over it.
    I have traveled hours and so many miles for sqs, spent my last dollar { AND YOURS TOO IF YOU GIVE IT TO ME}and if Gods willing, I hope to take my last breath with a sq in hand...

If you truly felt you had done all you could, it could have been simply stated. "I have tried"
    or say it to yourself if you want to ramble...
    I asked for no drama..
    I did not respond to certain PMs because I want to stay in the NICE catagory...you know you pissed me off making this about YOU!
    admin CLOSED A THREAD THAT HAD A PURPOSE,

I am really really about sqs...could give a **** about humans that lives cannot be changed or verified..

I am here for sqs, if I get to meet a few nice humans, That's a bonus.

Kristal has issues, NO ****!!!
    AND SHE HAS 4 sqs THAT need HELP.
    Kristal ain't the only around here with issues...I ain;t so normal myself.

have you ever heard of MUNCHHAUSEN by Squirrel...
    well it's real..and It takes up too much space and time...
    when you see someone dragging their everypost around like a security blanket, surely it has dawned on you...they maybe kookkoo...
    I do not want to know what color panties someone has on..
    I want them to pull up their panties and fix the sq issues that brought them here to begin with...

I live and post from a heavy populated area with alot of FOUND SQS..
    there have been so many kooks in my life...and a conartist too...
    but they had sqs that needed help....
    so I lost jewelry to one of them and have been kept up nights by some..
    they invite themselves to my home like it were a public zoo...
    to see their baby sqs...and it is a time waste for me...but it happens...
    Rehabbing has to be about the squirrels.

Thank you admin for re opening this thread...
    it does have a non human purpose, 4 squirrels who have been in jeopardy all their lives...and still are.
    Kristil is now on another forum where dirt and bird seed are advised
    ( so I have been told, I am not allowed on that web site..Har D har!!!}
    ...they need to get their fuzzy butts to the tree tops before the MBD sets in and they become FOREVER SQS!!!

Mitch, no one holds you accountable for Ks failures and we know you are limited with your experience...
    you wrote...
    I'm sorry, Jackie. Just wanted to make it clear that we cannot be expected to do miracles and yes, we do have to set boundaries, and yes everyone here loves squirrels and does their very best for them. I just wish we... everyone ... would remember that and trust that if something was not done, it's because it could not be done.

apology not needed...
    it's focus that is...

SQUIRREL FOCUS!

Muffin...where are you , I need some sq spirit and love!!!!tinfoil

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterzmom
    I don't want to open a can of worms either but OK, I am now officially tired, hurt and fed up of this. How long will I have to keep hearing about the Kristal issue???????

JACKIE, NO I DON'T BLAME YOU, because like everyone else you don't know the full story, do not know the truth, so please don't take offense but I can't keep my mouth shut forever. There are TWO sides to the story, nobody but precious few (4) have bothered to ask mine. I HAVE kept my mouth shut but the harm has been done and I can clearly see that because I did, many people have already cast their judgement and my reputation has been tainted. I can't do a thing against that without going into the whole story and I won't insult everyone here by dragging everyone into it. It's all fine to say nobody wants to open a can of worms but who else is being put into question here other than me and/or Iwonka???? If we don't respond then automatically we are the ones being judged cold and uncaring.

SO.... ONCE AND FOR ALL: I want things very clear, we DID NOT leave her hanging nor without alternatives. I don't care what rumors she or anyone else have spread but we did offer, Iwonka and I, but she kept finding excuses, and no place was good enough. We offered Kristal two different places, GOOD places to release her squees. Iwonka offered the cage, the transport, the food... everything. Kristal did not take her up on it... the last we heard from her was (and I quote) "I'll keep that in mind". None of the sites "were adequate", even a place run by a rehabber of more than 20 years experience - a place where I, myself, used to release my own before I moved here. No place but mine would have suited her and, for reasons and details you all don't know, I could not accommodate her 1. without risking overcrowding, 2. the neighbors wrath - 3. therefore finding myself unable to rehab anymore if I got caught and 4. most importantly, being hounded by her.

I had to set boundaries and I did.

It's all nice to say people don't want to get involved but I'm the one who was hounded, pushed to the limit and finally harrassed and is still constantly being brought into question over this issue... placed right in the middle of it since she had told everyone she was going to release them at my place before even clearing it with me. For your information, I DID think of the squirrels and that is why I have put up with the c**p for as long as I did, and for the sake of her little guys I not only shut up but I did not even try to defend myself from the public accusations. I'm tired of being told that nobody wants to know the why's. That is all fine, I want this matter closed too, more than anyone else... But if you don't know nor want to know the truth behnd the accusations then all I ask is that you please don't judge me for not wanting to deal with her until you walk a mile in my shoes.

I'm done I will not speak of this issue again.
    please don't...you have made it perfectly clear that you have chosen to not be involved and no one asked you too!
    You are not the only rehabber with a release cage...
    you stated that you did not want to hear about this anymore...HIT THE F'n ignore button...

I will now have a cup of coffee..
    will admin clean all this hogwash BS drama off here and we will try again to find help for 4 sqs in quebec.
    Thank you admin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast