Thread: help!!!!!!My squirrel got bitten by a cat and is having a badly injured leg....

indianpalms Guest

Default help!!!!!!My squirrel got bitten by a cat and is having a badly injured leg....

It wont let me anywhere near it,and if I make a quick grab for it,it pulls along its hanging leg painfully and makes conditions worse,I once tried to reach him calmly and I got hold of him but he bit me hard and I was bleeding.Pls I have to take him to the vet immediately or he may pass out.Let me know a way to make him unconscious maybe something to be mixed with food or something......and pls give me the duration of its effect as I dont want him getting up in the middle of nowhere and getting a shock....right now he's under the refridgerator......Pls help fast,the vet hospital is about to close for the day and tomorrow is a sunday,which means it is a HOLIDAY!!!!!PLS help fast...

Default Re: help!!!!!!My squirrel got bitten by a cat and is having a badly injured leg....

You are just going to have to grab your squirrel. Get a blanket or something, throw it on top of him, gather the entire thing up and get it into a little cage or something it cannot chew out of to get to the vet. He will anesthetize as needed.

Make sure the vet gives this little one antibiotics for the cat saliva - it is deadly - pasturella. Enrofloxacin (Baytril) is good for cat bite.

indianpalms Guest

Default Re: help!!!!!!My squirrel got bitten by a cat and is having a badly injured leg....

Thank u!I am going for it!hope he survives...

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

were you able to get the squirrel to the vet?

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

tinfoil update us please

indianpalms Guest

Smile Re: help!!!!!!My squirrel got bitten by a cat and is having a badly injured leg....

Yeah!I took him there and the vet bandaged him and suggested six weeks rest....but right now I'm the one who needs a rest as I'm busy chasing him to prevent him from roaming around and rest!Its far difficult than raising a human baby...

But the good news is______
    HE'S ALRIGHT!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.