Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It is definitely Mites/mange

Default Re: It is definitely Mites/mange

Quote Originally Posted by Skul
    The name of this site is "TheSQUIRRELboard".
    It really isn't a place for radical political discussion.
    If you wish to engage in unfounded political discourse, there are other sites more suitable for that.
    This particular thread is about mange.
    Please try to stay within the topic.

Time to re-address the original topic.
    If there is a means to treat for mange, perhaps that may be the best course.
    Puddinpie mentioned that there was a known outbreak, and I just think it best to consider that.
    Knowing that these are wilds, I see no issue with Puddinpie giving us a better general idea as to location.
    It might be a great help.

NotOutsideNature Guest

I have contributed much to that "cause", and don't consider it being "radical" to say what I believe is incorrect "remedy", as well as why it is incorrect. Censorship is cowardly., and calling opinion "radicalizing" is very Orwellian.

NotOutsideNature Guest

Quote Originally Posted by astra
    yes, Revolution kills mange, but it must be applied directly to the skin, which means you have to part fur between the shoulders and drop it directly on their skin.
    THat's almost impossible to do for a wild squirrel

because not everyone does... especially, about squirrels
    There are more than two views here, so do not throw "natural"/anti-toxin methods in with "not caring". That would be a vile falsification of the method, like blaming Nader for Gore and Kerry being idiots.

There is a big difference between what a hands-off view is, what a toxin-based hands-really-on method is, and what a hands-on natural view is. If you reduce views down to an "us versus them" schism, in this case throwing natural treatments in with the don't care approach, that is a great disservice to the concept of argumentation and logic. Paradox is not spelled "pair"-adox. The treatment approaches are not just two, as in "good" (mine) and "evil" (not-mine). In "flatland" there is only "either/or". In reality there are many views. The most prevalent treatment is rarely the wisest or healthiest, else, knowledge would be standing still, ever frozen... patented and trademarked.

Toxins, in my research, are not good for anyone but their manufacturer and those who wish to move the symptom to a new symptom for which more toxins may be sold. Hasn't everyone cringed when hearing the fast-talk side-effects for so may medicines that cause death and worse symptoms. Am I alone here?!

All medicine today is a synthetic copy of something that already exists in nature. Everything! Aspirin is a copy of White Willow Bark. It's not surprising that Bayer and Bristol-Meyers, who were in league with the Nazi-backing I.G.Farben in WWII, have long sought to make access to White Willow bark illegal BECAUSE then, their synthetics, trademarked and patented, would replace nature. That is a scam, unethical, criminal.

Using poison to treat un-health has no logic. My mother died from idiots using a carcinogen, cobalt, to treat her cancer caused by X-ray machines she encountered as a nurse. There's so much truth and lies in that whole ensemble of characters. I caution as blindness the use of toxins on squirrels, especially when mange rarely kills, and the treating toxin DOES. Prove that it does not kill one squirrel, just like vitamins have not killed one person was presented to the FDA wanting to ban their use, and I'll listen "with open arms". ;-)

There is an "Off Topics" forum further down the forum page.
    Suggest you use that for your opinions, instead of highjacking Puddinpie's thread.

NotOutsideNature Guest

Angry Re: It is definitely Mites/mange

Quote Originally Posted by Skul
    There is an "Off Topics" forum further down the forum page.
    Suggest you use that for your opinions, instead of highjacking Puddinpie's thread.
    Once again, your "political" view pretends to be apolitical but calls me names for having opinions. What a poor magician-censor.

The name "Revolution" says it all... being as far from any kind of "revolution" as "Liberty Mutual" is from either liberty or mutuality.

That I consider the drug vile and its use deadly, is not a "political" statement.
    Having that called "bs" might be considered "political", or as a strange sort of chest-beating act.
    Either way it has conveniently never been questioned for its taunt.
    "Big fish in a small pond" is a psycho-emotional problem you may wish to transcend in your adolescent years.

Defending myself against that hormone-driven frat-machismo is not "hijacking", except when someone sees a thread as private turf. Fine. Enjoy the fantasy.

Apparently when someone critiques drug usage, that entitles someone else to to sociopathically dismiss with intentional attacks of "bs", when you don't even know me. But then, you never cared to find out either, which is where the pathos is exhibited. Nazi-trialing me as a "hijacker" (sounding so very like Rumsfeld) for defending myself against that attack on me for having a valid and referenced opinion, if not the most political of acts, is childishly-rude, and smacks of not wanting to learn how to care for squirrels in new and possibly more enlightened ways from each other. It shows that you don't care to learn from anyone and will shout down anything that challenges your static view of "helping".

The narcissistic intolerance for contradiction, slandering, and irrationality are charms I shall share with others, in case they wish to find proto-fascist 'comrades' instead of open-mindness, [dia]logical dialogue, and humane treatment of either squirrels or strangers....

Good luck with whatever it is that you do.

Oh, no, SnS. It's quite funny.
    I know this is off-topic, but, I don't think Puddin will mind.
    I'm sure you're aware of the old magician trick of "mis-direction".
    That's when you can distract your subject to the point where they are unaware of what is really going on.
    Sometimes the subject gets rather irrate because they tried soooo hard to trip you up, and fail.....miserably.

Back on topic.
    BTW, are you aware that Puddinpie's questions and concerns are being addressed and answered in a different thread without unnecessary disruption?

Hi NotOutsideNature,

I can relate to a few points you have made and I even would agree with some of what you've shared so far.
    I agree that pharmaceutical industry often has its own agenda and not people's best health interests. I, too, try to stick to natural remedies whenever possible and avoid "pills."
    Unfortunately, our knowledge of natural remedies is not as deep and extensive as to cover all possible illnesses and health issues.
    Therefore, there are situations when people have to use traditional medicine and surgical intervention.
    Sometimes, traditional medicine and natural remedies work together beautifully, complementing each other.
    Of course, in both cases people need to educate themselves about the treatments, medications and remedies. Sometimes, it is possible. Other times, people have to go with the options they have.
    This is such a complicated situation that absolute categorical positions often turn out to be unhelpful.

Before ALL people can rely on natural remedies more, a tremendous educative work must be done on a large scale. Until then, expecting all people to accept and go with natural remedies is unrealistic.
    Especially, since, as I mentioned before, sometimes, there are no natural remedies for certain health issues, and other times - traditional medicine and natural remedies work synergically.
    Either way, militant and aggressive ways of delivering the message is counterproductive. It only antagonizes people and turns them off.

And Skul is right: this is not the place for this sort of discussions.

Although, no one "owns" threads in the legal sense, still, when a person starts a thread with a certain question - this thread is that person's thread because it was started with a specific purpose/question in mind.
    To start filling a thread with information that digresses significantly from the purpose that the person intended for the thread is unhelpful, confusing and not right.

The primary focus of this board is squirrels and that determines how the board is organized: into forums with a specific focus so as to help people find the information/help faster and easier. People start their threads accordingly in each forum.
    So, if someone started a thread, it was with a specific narrowed down topic in mind and starting discussions in that thread that digress from the thread's topic is called colloquially "thread-jacking".

So, if you would like to start this discussion, it will be best to start a new thread in Off Topic posts.

Skul, I was not aware of the other thread but happy to hear it. This one has me scraping the crap off my shoes every time I step into it!

Puts me to mind of a friend's daughter... Woman spent many years in college, holds several degrees. Always talks like a well read text book,
    has an opinion on everything, got the personality of a dried fish and ain't got a lick of common sense!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12