Thread: RULES OF CONDUCT: IR's New World Order

Hybrid View

Default RULES OF CONDUCT: IR's New World Order

As Administrator, I've come to realize that we all need to renew and refresh our understanding of the Rules of The Squirrel Board. These rules apply to old members, new members, and administrators alike, and they will be enforced from now on, without exception. We are a family, yes, united in our love for squirrels. However, unlike a family, we do not have to tolerate disruptive personalities and will not be doing so anymore. I take complete responsibility for being overly tolerant in the past, and for most of the chaos that ensued.

Please read and remember the following...

RULES OF CONDUCT:

1. Administration reserves the right to edit or delete any thread that is deemed problematic, inappropriate, or bad for TSB. This is not open for debate.

2. Any post that attacks another member is subject to deletion and the poster is subject to a timeout or permanent ban. Administration reserves the right to judge what defines an "attack", and this is not open for debate.

3. Sharing or forwarding PM's or any part of a PM, except to Administration, is not allowed and will not be tolerated.

Every member of TSB will follow the General Rules as stated in Squerly's sticky at the top of this Forum. Anyone who breaks, bends or disregards these rules WILL be banned for whatever time frame is deemed appropriate.

IR
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

2. 7 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to island rehabber:

bre (08-29-2020), Daisey007 (06-03-2016), KarmaKay (07-11-2017), LR (10-25-2017), RockySweetums (12-07-2016), Squeekhart (01-05-2017), squirrelgirl30 (06-26-2018)

Default Re: RULES OF CONDUCT: IR's New World Order

*BUMP*

New members and old alike should refresh themselves from time to time with the Rules of The Squirrel Board.

With particular attention to #3, please.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

Michelangelo

You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to island rehabber:

KarmaKay (07-11-2017), LR (10-25-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber

New members and old alike should refresh themselves from time to time with the Rules of The Squirrel Board.

With particular attention to #3, please.
    *BUMP*
    Administration

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Administration from:

LR (10-25-2017)

BUMP
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

Michelangelo

You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to island rehabber from:

LR (10-25-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber

As Administrator, I've come to realize that we all need to renew and refresh our understanding of the Rules of The Squirrel Board. These rules apply to old members, new members, and administrators alike, and they will be enforced from now on, without exception. We are a family, yes, united in our love for squirrels. However, unlike a family, we do not have to tolerate disruptive personalities and will not be doing so anymore. I take complete responsibility for being overly tolerant in the past, and for most of the chaos that ensued.

Please read and remember the following...

RULES OF CONDUCT:

1. Administration reserves the right to edit or delete any thread that is deemed problematic, inappropriate, or bad for TSB. This is not open for debate.

2. Any post that attacks another member is subject to deletion and the poster is subject to a timeout or permanent ban. Administration reserves the right to judge what defines an "attack", and this is not open for debate.

3. Sharing or forwarding PM's or any part of a PM, except to Administration, is not allowed and will not be tolerated.

Every member of TSB will follow the General Rules as stated in Squerly's sticky at the top of this Forum. Anyone who breaks, bends or disregards these rules WILL be banned for whatever time frame is deemed appropriate.

IR
    With such an adverse group of people as there are on TSB there is bound to be difference of opinions, what I have found to be personally disturbing is the lack of tact among some expressing that difference. What one may have to say could be very valid AND important, but I feel it gets lost in translation when its foundation is laid on the attack of another member.

Read, Understood and Agree!

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

LR (10-25-2017)

Compared to some other boards that I USED to belong to. This one is very mello. Sometimes chaos erupt on here though. But I have seen much much worse. I think this board is very well taken care of.
    Almost everything in this post is misspelled

JAQUELINE (RELEASED) AND TALULA (RELEASED)

12. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to crazysquirrels:

Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

Michelangelo

You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to island rehabber from:

LR (10-25-2017)

NOTICE TO ALL MEMBERS:

PERSONAL ATTACK THREADS, DISCUSSIONS OF OTHER MEMBERS' REHABBING TECHNIQUES IN PUBLIC OR VIA PM's, AND BROAD-BASED ATTACKS ON TSB IN GENERAL WILL NO LONGER BE TOLERATED. THREADS/POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

If you feel you are a victim of one of these personal attacks, CONTACT A MODERATOR/ADMINISTRATOR immediately. We will delete the offending threads/posts.

Last edited by island rehabber; 01-11-2012 at 08:53 AM.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

Michelangelo

You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

16. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to island rehabber:

BANNED members will not be re-instated, and cannot join under another name.
    Some people simply cannot play well with others on an internet Forum, and there is no reason why those of us who can should have to put up with them.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

Michelangelo

You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

18. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to island rehabber:

I really enjoy being here. Lots of ppl r trying to help pnut and any advice is grayeful .no one has attacked me. Thank u farrie,annabells dad, and sammys mom. I hope she starts eating the rodent block soon. Yogurt hasnt wrked. Ill keep praying. Anyway thanku squirrel board members.love pnut and mary beth.

20. Serious fuzzy thank you's to pnut2014 from:

KarmaKay (07-11-2017)

Thumbs up Re: RULES OF CONDUCT: IR's New World Order

I can't express how helpful this board has been! Everyone on here is very actively involved, responses are quick, some of the most down to earth people I've spoken to, if it wasn't for this board i KNOW i would have made many mistakes with the confusing information out there & i don't think the other sites have such a gathering of actual hands on experience, just a really great board, all coming together for the little squirrels! Thanks for providing such a wealth of information and support!

22. Serious fuzzy thank you's to LilLulu from:

KarmaKay (07-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by LilLulu View Post
    I can't express how helpful this board has been! Everyone on here is very actively involved, responses are quick, some of the most down to earth people I've spoken to, if it wasn't for this board i KNOW i would have made many mistakes with the confusing information out there & i don't think the other sites have such a gathering of actual hands on experience, just a really great board, all coming together for the little squirrels! Thanks for providing such a wealth of information and support!

Thank you so much for these kind words -- responses like yours are why we do what we do here! Oh, and saving little squirrels, of course.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

Michelangelo

You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

24. Serious fuzzy thank you's to island rehabber from:

jillcurry (07-12-2017)

Could there be a way for a person to ask to ask the brood to read a post and let him know if it is to critical before he posts it. Even if a post does not mention someone by name it can imply someone. If something is not posted is there a way to inform the person it was not posted and if it is not obvious why it was not posted. I think I have written something to critical that may have implied someone else and I think it was not posted and I thought afterwards that it was probably a good thing It was not posted, but I am not a rehabber and I sometimes feel that I have no rights because I am not. I have my own reasons why I do not want to be a rehabber.
    I think the topic of euthanasia has probably always been controversial. I wish that before a squirrel was euthanized even if it has only been in the care of by one rehabber, especially if it has only been in their care only a short time, that it would take more than one person to make the decision to euthanize the squirrel. Others who may not be rehabbers should be given a chance to take the squirrel as long as they know how or can learn how to take care of the squirrel before it is euthanized. I know laws in some states make this hard or impossible but I think rehabbers should try to find a person to take the squirrel when they can and if they have any say about laws being made they should support laws that would allow this.
    A squirrel may die in the care of someone who is not a rehabber, but rehabbers also make mistakes and have squirrels die on them. Euthanasia is sure death for the squirrel.

If you think a post is critical, probably best to err on the side of not posting it? If you must post but are unsure, send a PM to moderator and just ask? I am probably out of the loop here because I am not sure if there is a specific case that is being referenced?

In terms of euthanasia, I don't know any rehabbers or squirrel caretakers who take that decision lightly. Giving away severely ill squirrels who should be euthanized would be a dereliction of one's duty as a rehabber and could be considered animal cruelty. I know of large wildlife centers where euthanasia is performed on animals that I would certainly consider viable, sometimes this has to do with not having the available resources to care for these animals. It sucks (really really sucks), but there are limited resources, funds, and hands to do this work.

On a personal level, the rehabbers I know tend to put the animals under their care first and themselves a distant second. I am constantly astonished at how a single person can live their lives, meet work and family commitments, have any social life whatsoever and manage to raise 10-20+ pinkie squirrels in a season. This takes round the clock care, is often 100% self-funded (many just get a slight discount from their vet for meds and procedures) and requires incredible dedication.

I would be very hesitant to second guess someone's decision if I did not have actual hands and eye's on the animal in question. I understand that different people will have different thresholds about when an animal should be euthanized, this is somewhat subjective. Euthanizing an animal is the final option, never to be taken lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by ECole View Post
    Could there be a way for a person to ask to ask the brood to read a post and let him know if it is to critical before he posts it. Even if a post does not mention someone by name it can imply someone. If something is not posted is there a way to inform the person it was not posted and if it is not obvious why it was not posted. I think I have written something to critical that may have implied someone else and I think it was not posted and I thought afterwards that it was probably a good thing It was not posted, but I am not a rehabber and I sometimes feel that I have no rights because I am not. I have my own reasons why I do not want to be a rehabber.
    I think the topic of euthanasia has probably always been controversial. I wish that before a squirrel was euthanized even if it has only been in the care of by one rehabber, especially if it has only been in their care only a short time, that it would take more than one person to make the decision to euthanize the squirrel. Others who may not be rehabbers should be given a chance to take the squirrel as long as they know how or can learn how to take care of the squirrel before it is euthanized. I know laws in some states make this hard or impossible but I think rehabbers should try to find a person to take the squirrel when they can and if they have any say about laws being made they should support laws that would allow this.
    A squirrel may die in the care of someone who is not a rehabber, but rehabbers also make mistakes and have squirrels die on them. Euthanasia is sure death for the squirrel.
    Last edited by TubeDriver; 07-11-2017 at 08:05 PM.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

27. 6 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to TubeDriver:

Diggie's Friend (07-11-2017), island rehabber (07-11-2017), Jen413 (07-11-2017), KarmaKay (07-11-2017), Mel1959 (07-16-2017), Shewhosweptforest (07-11-2017)

i have nothing but welcoming pple here.....i understand and will abide by the rules

29. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to jillcurry:

island rehabber (07-12-2017), Mel1959 (07-16-2017), Nancy in New York (07-12-2017)

Read and understood. These are good rules.

31. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Shinys from:

RockyPops (04-25-2020)

READ. UNDERSTOOD! 100% AGREE!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR BEING HERE, CONTINUING TO CARE, BEING SO INCREDIBLY PATIENT, AND BEING UNBELIEVABLY EMPATHETIC AND COMPASSIONATE!

❤️❤️❤️❤️