Thread: Christmas Tree

Default Christmas Tree

My friend bought a real tree this year for Christmas and she offered to give it to me for the squirrels to play on for awhile. She bought it at Lowe's I believe. Does anyone know if I should say yes or no? It's a Douglas Fir. Does anyone know if they spray their Christmas trees? I know my squirrels would love to play on the tree but I don't want to expose them to anything bad.

Default Re: Christmas Tree

Most trees grown by a nursery and or for retail stores are sprayed with a pesticide, wouldn't trust it personally.

That's what I was thinking. What a bummer :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mochi&Mocha
    That's what I was thinking. What a bummer :/
    I would always take my (used) tree and tie it to something for support, fence post, another tree, whatever, then throw bread crumbs in it and let the birds have it. It will provide a wind break and shelter for them for a long time through the winter months.

Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone
    I would always take my (used) tree and tie it to something for support, fence post, another tree, whatever, then throw bread crumbs in it and let the birds have it. It will provide a wind break and shelter for them for a long time through the winter months.
    I'll pass this on to my friend!

quagmire Guest

I've saved my trees the last couple of years for Quagmire to play in. The interest lasts for about 3 minutes each time. They were both Douglas Firs and purchased at Lowe's. He had no problems with it just a short attention span and boredom.

Give it a try. Maybe yours will like it.......

My son went on a rescue for me and when he got there He found a group of 5 young 9wk olds being protected by mom had falled they were all attached seems the neighber had decided to trim back his pine trees the sap was so thick when the babies got in it there tail became etwinned one was all ready dead the others not well their skin had been ripped fur pulled away from everywere one of the most horrific sights I'll ever see none lived so please with pine of any kind becarefull.