Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pneumonia video

Default Re: Pneumonia video

What antibiotics do you have?

Baytril is what is used for squirrels, but I have found that amoxicillin will help, or one valley of Cipro.

Quote Originally Posted by Maisie01 View Post
    I have a baby that has this but don't have the surfurm to give him is there anything else I can give him?? I'm in Florida and we're in the middle of a hurricane so no stores are open he weight 1.6oz and he's about three weeks plz help

lyne Guest

I just have a baby whith advance pneumonia vet save it by using 2 antibiotique chloropalm and enrofloxacin

Ssrichardson28 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MiriamS View Post
    This is a good example of a baby squirrel with pneumonia. This can happen due to exposure but more importantly due to improper feeding technique. Squirrels can aspirate formula if held in the wrong position or if they are allowed to drink too quickly. The formula enters their lungs and the moisture allows infection to set in. So if you're trying to determine whether your baby has pneumonia, watch this video. It is crucial to put a squirrel in this condition on antibiotics immediately.

To reassure anyone that has a pneumonia baby, there IS hope! A course of Baytril fixed Fudge right up and he went on to become...

...a champion eater.
    Attachment 157716

...and a champion cuddler (he's the pudgy one)

Attachment 157717
    Where can you get baytril?I can only find itas an RX and no one in our area will look at wild animals— the vets I mean

Ssrichardson28, you need to try to get an antibiotic from a friend or family that might have a leftover antibiotic. All you need is one pill. Let us know what you get and we can dose it. Ciprofloxacin would be best but we can use others. Baytril is a veterinary antibiotic that is similar to Ciprofloxacin. We can dose either human or veterinary antibiotics.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

stepnstone (07-21-2019)

Biancitaafores52 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MiriamS View Post
    That's the amazing part, they seem to get better really quickly! Though I guess it's also a matter of catching it early. Does this little Brodi have a thread?
    What did you use in the humidifier?? Please help i have a squireel whos having the same issue shes an antelope ground squirrel

Spaz Guest

I have an about 8week old grey squirrel. We've had him for 3 weeks. He's been doing well, eating, gaining weight. Today after feeding he was breathing heavy and if I held him up to my ear i hear a click.... not like the video. He just wanted to lay down and sleep after that. His heart seems to beating fast. His snuggle snack is moving constantly. I haven't offered food since he's been the last 2 hours. Should I treat for pneumonia? Or wait and see. I only have a 500 mg amoxicillin caplet or And cephalexin. He weighs 160g

Shoot! The video won't play for me either....would be so good to see it and know

Question Re: Pneumonia video

Unable to view video! I have a 7 week old, Eastern Grey, Male, Tre Mac, who I have had since he was approximately 10 days old. He weighs roughly 180g and has been doing very well eating and growing but he started making a clicking noise after he fell asleep tonight once he got done eating - not sure if it is aspiration pneumonia but I dont want to take the risk so looking to find which antibotics I may start him on ASAP? As well as the strength and amount and how often? FYI: He has only ever slept on fleece blankets so not worried about bedding being the culprit for clicking noise. I have some left over Amoxicllin Oral Suspension USP 400mg/5ml but not sure if animals/squirrels can take it safely PLEASE HELP! Thank You In Advance 🥰

Unhappy Re: Pneumonia video

My son was with his dad for the weekend and brought home a northern flying squirrel. It’s about 5 1/2 to 6 weeks weighs 40 g and I’ve realized he starting to make the dreaded clicking noise. I have found some amoxicillin 500 I need help with dosing to save this little guy, his name is trooper because that’s what he is a little trooper!! Please help us through this!!

I sent you dosing by PM.

We need pics! We NEVER get to see NORTHERN flyers!

I know this is an “old thread” but it is a STICKY, and the original post and accompanying video contain critical, life saving, IMPORTANT information for ALL TSB…
    YET…the video linked in the first post is no longer able to be viewed via photo bucket.

Im hoping someone can either track down the original video with a usable/viewable link, OR maybe we can update this sticky with a new one, that is just as helpful/valid???

{{I know in the year since I’ve been on TSB NONE of the photobucket video links have ever worked. Which tbh has been absolutely devastating, when reading through so many amazing legacy threads with videos that I’ve never been able to watch 😢😢🥺🥺 (Jeffery, Rama Rotas earlier posts, krista, and many others) }}

14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Tashahaven from:

Shellysfriend (08-14-2023)

Unhappy Re: Pneumonia video

Marshmallow is his name. We got 4 babies at about 2-3 days old. 2 of them passed very quickly. The other 2 were bigger to begin with. My girl passed away 2 days ago after I noticed they had stopped gaining weight. I research so much that night to find I needed to go back to only Pedialyte. Upon the first feeding of just pedialyte I was to late and she didn’t make it through the night. The last surviving boy is NOT DOING WELL AT ALL!!!I honestly didn’t think he would make it past his sister by very long!!! I noticed the clicking when he breaths last night! He should be close to 2 weeks old now and only weighs 16 grams. He won’t drink just the pedialyte so I literally colored it with puppy formula just to give a little flavor. He is still urinating before and after feedings but hasn’t pooped now in about 6 hours. I will be heading to the place where I think I can get antibiotics (Bombgars) in the morning… I can’t help but feel guilty because he looks awful but is fighting like hell! Which in turn makes me keep fighting harder and harder to save him!!! He won’t eat off of a nipple either. I drip a drop onto my hand and he licks it up… I lightly bugger suck his nose after he eats because I’m pretty sure if he did aspirate that’s how it happened… I have the feeling something happened to mama either at birth or right after. 2 babies were so small and sickly looking and the 2 strong ones started thriving at first! My kids and I are so attached to this little man and don’t want to lose him but I cry just looking at him! He has fought so hard!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234