Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pneumonia video

Default Re: Pneumonia video

What antibiotics do you have?

Baytril is what is used for squirrels, but I have found that amoxicillin will help, or one valley of Cipro.

Quote Originally Posted by Maisie01 View Post
    I have a baby that has this but don't have the surfurm to give him is there anything else I can give him?? I'm in Florida and we're in the middle of a hurricane so no stores are open he weight 1.6oz and he's about three weeks plz help

I just have a baby whith advance pneumonia vet save it by using 2 antibiotique chloropalm and enrofloxacin

Quote Originally Posted by MiriamS View Post
    This is a good example of a baby squirrel with pneumonia. This can happen due to exposure but more importantly due to improper feeding technique. Squirrels can aspirate formula if held in the wrong position or if they are allowed to drink too quickly. The formula enters their lungs and the moisture allows infection to set in. So if you're trying to determine whether your baby has pneumonia, watch this video. It is crucial to put a squirrel in this condition on antibiotics immediately.

To reassure anyone that has a pneumonia baby, there IS hope! A course of Baytril fixed Fudge right up and he went on to become...

...a champion eater.
    Attachment 157716

...and a champion cuddler (he's the pudgy one)

Attachment 157717
    Where can you get baytril?I can only find itas an RX and no one in our area will look at wild animalsó the vets I mean

Ssrichardson28, you need to try to get an antibiotic from a friend or family that might have a leftover antibiotic. All you need is one pill. Let us know what you get and we can dose it. Ciprofloxacin would be best but we can use others. Baytril is a veterinary antibiotic that is similar to Ciprofloxacin. We can dose either human or veterinary antibiotics.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

stepnstone (07-21-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by MiriamS View Post
    That's the amazing part, they seem to get better really quickly! Though I guess it's also a matter of catching it early. Does this little Brodi have a thread?
    What did you use in the humidifier?? Please help i have a squireel whos having the same issue shes an antelope ground squirrel

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234