Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pneumonia video

Hybrid View

Default Re: Pneumonia video

Quote Originally Posted by deanna
    The video wont show up? is there a link?
    I don't see a link either.

Maybe someone could either add back the link or change the name of the thread.

phillysquirrels Guest

Thank you Miriam,
    I cried watching this. I am so glad he is doing great!

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    I am really not sure on weight. Maybe 35g?
    Ill make sure I go get a scale.Also thanks for the estimate on the weight!

I started your own thread. Let's get this info there so as to not let people think it is an old thread.
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...ble-asperation
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    I started your own thread. Let's get this info there so as to not let people think it is an old thread.
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...ble-asperation
    Thanks!

Is there anything that I can give my babies when clicking without waiting on a vet and prescription? Only 1 is clicking...

What antibiotics do you have?

carolinetrom Guest

How did you get the Baytril? My vet won't treat wildlife and I do not know what to do

Look around for any leftover antibiotics you, ask family and friends what they may have. You will need only 1 tablet / capsule.

Cipro will work best for squirrel pneumonia and its commonly prescribed, especially for women. Once you know what antibiotics you have, create a new post in Help Needed, explain your baby is clicking and list the antibiotics you were able to locate. Someone will help with more instructions from there....

Ssrichardson28, you need to try to get an antibiotic from a friend or family that might have a leftover antibiotic. All you need is one pill. Let us know what you get and we can dose it. Ciprofloxacin would be best but we can use others. Baytril is a veterinary antibiotic that is similar to Ciprofloxacin. We can dose either human or veterinary antibiotics.

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

stepnstone (07-21-2019)

Jsetron Guest

Default PLEASE HELP ANYONE IS SOUTH FL

I have a 5 week old that I'm pretty sure has pneumonia. He won't eat and is so lathargic and limp. I thought he wasn't eating because I was in the transition process of milks and figured he just didn't like it but now I know something is wrong. Tomorrow is Labor Day and I'm sure the vets are all closed so if anyone in the south Florida area has the antibiotics on hand I would really appreciate that. I will come to you and pay the appropriate price.
    Does anyone know how much time I have I don't hear weezing or any clicking noises
    PLEASE HELP!!!

Default Re: PLEASE HELP ANYONE IS SOUTH FL

Quote Originally Posted by Jsetron View Post
    I have a 5 week old that I'm pretty sure has pneumonia. He won't eat and is so lathargic and limp. I thought he wasn't eating because I was in the transition process of milks and figured he just didn't like it but now I know something is wrong. Tomorrow is Labor Day and I'm sure the vets are all closed so if anyone in the south Florida area has the antibiotics on hand I would really appreciate that. I will come to you and pay the appropriate price.
    Does anyone know how much time I have I don't hear weezing or any clicking noises
    PLEASE HELP!!!
    I have re-posted your plea here: http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...91#post1177591

It is best not to attach to an old post, and also to put as much info as you can in the title - this will draw people close to you and who may be able to help.

Has this baby aspirated formula? Bubbles of milk come out the nose - like you when you swallow something "the wrong way"??

What you are looking for is Cipro - it is a VERY commonly prescribed antibiotic and is almost all doctors prescribe for urinary tract infections. I would immediately start contacting all of your female friends and see if you can get your hands on just ONE cipro pill. Hopefully someone near you will see this and have one.

We will need to know the size of the pill in milligrams (cipro is sold as either 250 or 500mg and we need to know which) and the weight of your baby in grams. Inexpensive scales that weigh in grams can be found easily at Walmart in the appliance department - they are used by dieters to weigh food - less than $20. If we have the size of the pill and the weight of the squirrel we can give you very specific dosing info.

14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

stepnstone (09-05-2016)

I am moving your post to a new thread in the emergency forum.

Quote Originally Posted by shastam80 View Post
    Help! I have a baby about 5 weeks old (her eyes are still closed but her siblings are open). She just started making a clicking sound, not enthusiastic about eating. What do I need to do??
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

I cannot load the video. Is it still available?

17. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Homefreesoon:

cava (09-09-2017), emili (08-08-2017)

I have a baby that has this but don't have the surfurm to give him is there anything else I can give him?? I'm in Florida and we're in the middle of a hurricane so no stores are open he weight 1.6oz and he's about three weeks plz help

Baytril is what is used for squirrels, but I have found that amoxicillin will help, or one valley of Cipro.

Quote Originally Posted by Maisie01 View Post
    I have a baby that has this but don't have the surfurm to give him is there anything else I can give him?? I'm in Florida and we're in the middle of a hurricane so no stores are open he weight 1.6oz and he's about three weeks plz help

lyne Guest

I just have a baby whith advance pneumonia vet save it by using 2 antibiotique chloropalm and enrofloxacin

Shoot! The video won't play for me either....would be so good to see it and know

Question Re: Pneumonia video

Unable to view video! I have a 7 week old, Eastern Grey, Male, Tre Mac, who I have had since he was approximately 10 days old. He weighs roughly 180g and has been doing very well eating and growing but he started making a clicking noise after he fell asleep tonight once he got done eating - not sure if it is aspiration pneumonia but I dont want to take the risk so looking to find which antibotics I may start him on ASAP? As well as the strength and amount and how often? FYI: He has only ever slept on fleece blankets so not worried about bedding being the culprit for clicking noise. I have some left over Amoxicllin Oral Suspension USP 400mg/5ml but not sure if animals/squirrels can take it safely PLEASE HELP! Thank You In Advance 🥰

Unhappy Re: Pneumonia video

My son was with his dad for the weekend and brought home a northern flying squirrel. It’s about 5 1/2 to 6 weeks weighs 40 g and I’ve realized he starting to make the dreaded clicking noise. I have found some amoxicillin 500 I need help with dosing to save this little guy, his name is trooper because that’s what he is a little trooper!! Please help us through this!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast