Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pneumonia video

Default Re: Pneumonia video

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    I am really not sure on weight. Maybe 35g?
    Ill make sure I go get a scale.Also thanks for the estimate on the weight!

I started your own thread. Let's get this info there so as to not let people think it is an old thread.
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...ble-asperation
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    I started your own thread. Let's get this info there so as to not let people think it is an old thread.
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...ble-asperation
    Thanks!

Is there anything that I can give my babies when clicking without waiting on a vet and prescription? Only 1 is clicking...

carolinetrom Guest

How did you get the Baytril? My vet won't treat wildlife and I do not know what to do

Look around for any leftover antibiotics you, ask family and friends what they may have. You will need only 1 tablet / capsule.

Cipro will work best for squirrel pneumonia and its commonly prescribed, especially for women. Once you know what antibiotics you have, create a new post in Help Needed, explain your baby is clicking and list the antibiotics you were able to locate. Someone will help with more instructions from there....

Alvin Guest

Unhappy Re: Pneumonia video

Thats what happens to my Alvin! Im so heartbroken today
    Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber View Post
    Excellent video, Miriam. This will answer a LOT of questions. Please remember that other symptoms of pneumonia include:

Gradual LOSS OF APPETITE (the baby can't breathe when he tries to eat, so he stops eating...)

LETHARGY

COLD TO THE TOUCH, can't retain body heat.

Call everyone you know and see if they have any antibiotics left over from their last illness. Cipro is normally given for either urinary tract infections and often for upper respiratory issues. All you will need is ONE pill. See what you can get.

It is too late for little Alvin, he passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    Call everyone you know and see if they have any antibiotics left over from their last illness. Cipro is normally given for either urinary tract infections and often for upper respiratory issues. All you will need is ONE pill. See what you can get.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

How much baytril did you give and how often?

Quote Originally Posted by Hm173 View Post
    How much baytril did you give and how often?
    One can not just give Baytril to a squirrel without knowing the strength of the medication.
    Depending on the strength it may need to be broken down. All medications for squirrels are
    dosed according to their body weight.

If you suspect Pneumonia please post in the emergency forum giving the weight of the squirrel
    in question and the strength of the Baytril. Dosing will be sent to you in a private message, we
    do not post dosages on the open board.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

12. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

Hm173 (05-20-2016)

Jsetron Guest

Default PLEASE HELP ANYONE IS SOUTH FL

I have a 5 week old that I'm pretty sure has pneumonia. He won't eat and is so lathargic and limp. I thought he wasn't eating because I was in the transition process of milks and figured he just didn't like it but now I know something is wrong. Tomorrow is Labor Day and I'm sure the vets are all closed so if anyone in the south Florida area has the antibiotics on hand I would really appreciate that. I will come to you and pay the appropriate price.
    Does anyone know how much time I have I don't hear weezing or any clicking noises
    PLEASE HELP!!!

Default Re: PLEASE HELP ANYONE IS SOUTH FL

Quote Originally Posted by Jsetron View Post
    I have a 5 week old that I'm pretty sure has pneumonia. He won't eat and is so lathargic and limp. I thought he wasn't eating because I was in the transition process of milks and figured he just didn't like it but now I know something is wrong. Tomorrow is Labor Day and I'm sure the vets are all closed so if anyone in the south Florida area has the antibiotics on hand I would really appreciate that. I will come to you and pay the appropriate price.
    Does anyone know how much time I have I don't hear weezing or any clicking noises
    PLEASE HELP!!!
    I have re-posted your plea here: http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...91#post1177591

It is best not to attach to an old post, and also to put as much info as you can in the title - this will draw people close to you and who may be able to help.

Has this baby aspirated formula? Bubbles of milk come out the nose - like you when you swallow something "the wrong way"??

What you are looking for is Cipro - it is a VERY commonly prescribed antibiotic and is almost all doctors prescribe for urinary tract infections. I would immediately start contacting all of your female friends and see if you can get your hands on just ONE cipro pill. Hopefully someone near you will see this and have one.

We will need to know the size of the pill in milligrams (cipro is sold as either 250 or 500mg and we need to know which) and the weight of your baby in grams. Inexpensive scales that weigh in grams can be found easily at Walmart in the appliance department - they are used by dieters to weigh food - less than $20. If we have the size of the pill and the weight of the squirrel we can give you very specific dosing info.

15. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

stepnstone (09-05-2016)

I am moving your post to a new thread in the emergency forum.

Quote Originally Posted by shastam80 View Post
    Help! I have a baby about 5 weeks old (her eyes are still closed but her siblings are open). She just started making a clicking sound, not enthusiastic about eating. What do I need to do??
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

I cannot load the video. Is it still available?

18. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Homefreesoon:

cava (09-09-2017), emili (08-08-2017)

Exclamation Re: Pneumonia video

Where is it that you can find Baytril?!

Quote Originally Posted by MiriamS View Post
    This is a good example of a baby squirrel with pneumonia. This can happen due to exposure but more importantly due to improper feeding technique. Squirrels can aspirate formula if held in the wrong position or if they are allowed to drink too quickly. The formula enters their lungs and the moisture allows infection to set in. So if you're trying to determine whether your baby has pneumonia, watch this video. It is crucial to put a squirrel in this condition on antibiotics immediately.

To reassure anyone that has a pneumonia baby, there IS hope! A course of Baytril fixed Fudge right up and he went on to become...

...a champion eater.
    Attachment 157716

...and a champion cuddler (he's the pudgy one)

Attachment 157717

Do you need Baytril?
    If this is for aspiration pneumonia, you will need it ASAP.
    We have some members in Maryland that may be
    able to help you if you are close.

21. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

Tator (09-10-2017)

Exclamation Re: Pneumonia video

Yes in need have one baby sneezing and starting to quietly click. I am in Harford County MD!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York View Post
    Do you need Baytril?
    If this is for aspiration pneumonia, you will need it ASAP.
    We have some members in Maryland that may be
    able to help you if you are close.

Quote Originally Posted by Tator View Post
    Yes in need have one baby sneezing and starting to quietly click. I am in Harford County MD!

Sending you a pm in one minute.

24. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Nancy in New York from:

Tator (09-10-2017)

I have a baby that has this but don't have the surfurm to give him is there anything else I can give him?? I'm in Florida and we're in the middle of a hurricane so no stores are open he weight 1.6oz and he's about three weeks plz help

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast