Thread: pneumonia please help URGENT

Default pneumonia please help URGENT

Good morning! I have 2 baby squirrels that are roughly 5 weeks old that have possible pneumonia. One is 81 grams and the other is 86 grams in weight. I have 875 mg of amoxicillin that I can give to them. Is this a good option or is there a different type of medicine that I should use? Also what should the dosage be? Any other advice or help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! Also one is worse than the other. She is gasping for breathe.

Default Re: pneumonia please help URGENT

The best meds for AP are Baytril (animal)/cipro (human) or Clavamox (animal)/Augmentin (human).

If you can find one of these let us know otherwise we’ll work with amoxicillin.

The medicine that I have is 875 mg of Augmentin or as the bottle says AMOX/K CLAV 875Mg Generic for: AUGMENTIN 875-125 Tablet

I sent you a pm with dosing for amoxicillin so disregard it. I will work up the dosing for augmentin. Hang tight.

Dosing sent for Augmentin in a pm.

6. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Buddy (03-15-2021), CritterMom (03-15-2021), Grinderhead (03-15-2021), stepnstone (03-15-2021)

Exclamation Re: pneumonia please help URGENT

I have a 3 week old eastern grey weighing 50 grams she started making a clicking noise and I’m scared it’s pneumonia all I have on hand is 250mg amoxicillin in pill form I can open the pill and it has powder in the inside I need help on finding the right dosage!! ****Can someone please help!? ***

Quote Originally Posted by Kvngcc View Post
    I have a 3 week old eastern grey weighing 50 grams she started making a clicking noise and I’m scared it’s pneumonia all I have on hand is 250mg amoxicillin in pill form I can open the pill and it has powder in the inside I need help on finding the right dosage!! ****Can someone please help!? ***
    Kvngcc, I have sent you dosing both via Private Message and email.