Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boo Balls - Interpreted

chateauromani Guest

Default Re: Boo Balls - Interpreted

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre
    Apologies because I don't remember all the details but I remember reading about a study in rats with blueberries. In the study they gave a couple of blueberries a day to the rats and they lived a few months longer. Given that rats don't have a long lifespan, this finding was somewhat significant.

I would think they would be a good thing to add to a squirrels' overall diet--unless someone knows some reason not to... ? My Grayson loved them.
    Thanks Pierre!

I will definitely keep my Baby on them then! ^ ^

@astra oh thanks! tough love!

by the way, Baby hasn't liked the cookies as much as I had hoped... she just hides them.

Quote Originally Posted by chateauromani
    by the way, Baby hasn't liked the cookies as much as I had hoped... she just hides them.
    happens.. try breaking them into smaller pieces - it often helps prevent them from just stashing them. Same goes for blocks - if she starts stashing them, just break them into smaller pieces - it's more likely they will be eaten that way

Quote Originally Posted by JLM27
    M2B, I have a Harvard nutritionist lined up. I need a list of the exact ingredients with their weights or volumes, including the weight and breakdown of whatever is in the rat blocks and the FV.

What do you want to compare it to? What nutrients do you want called out?

She is not a TSBer, and I have no stake in this, as I am totally ignorant of nutrition and do not own a squirrel. As I said before, however, I wish to keep her name off the board. However, I have confidence in her, because she had been a research nutritionist at Dana Farber Children's Hospital, responsible for analyzing exact ingredients and nutrition profiles for human research projects. She has also been, and still is, a nutritional consultant for several regional and national restaurant chains.

Once we have the list of ingredients set up, anyone can take it to any nutritionist. This will not address what the little ones SHOULD eat, but simply what is comparatively in these foods.

Leigh, I understand you already have an analysis of the HHBs, maybe you could send that to me for comparison, since you have already called out what is important in the profile.

Please, no one start lobbing Molotov cocktails at me, as I am in the habit of ignoring such things. If anyone starts such bad behavior (in which I include sly swipes), I will ask IR to pull this, and continue the conversation in private.
    Is your generous offer still on the table?

lizharrell1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread: 1