Thread: Local Rehabber (Tampa Bay area) needs help

mpetys Guest

Default Local Rehabber (Tampa Bay area) needs help

I know it seems like everytime you turn around, someone needs help. A friend of mine is in that situation right now.

Her foundation, Lovely Lita's Sheltering Tree Foundation is a registered not for profit organization for the rescue and rehabilitation of orphaned and injured squirrels. This organization spent many years offering all types and ages of squirrels refuge. Any that could be returned to the wild were released at their Plant City, Florida location. There they have 10 acres of wooded area to live happily.

During this past year, she has had to cut back drastically on what she can offer as donations have dropped. Lovely Lita's has offered refuge to squirrels who were determined to be non releasable so even as donations dwindle to next to nothing, there are still mouths to feed every week. There are NO paid positions at Lovely Lita's.

If you can offer any assistance, no matter how small, I know it will be greatly appreciated. To make a donation, go to their website's donation page, http://www.squirrellady.org/new_page_4.htm . There you will find their Paypal link as well as a mailing address if you would like to mail a check. If you have any questions you can contact the rehabber, Karen Clark. Her contact info is located here: http://www.squirrellady.org/new_page_8.htm

Whether you can help with a donation or not, I would ask that you keep the squirrels at Lovely Lita's in your thoughts and prayers especially this week as things are really rough for them right now. Thank you.

quagmire Guest

Default Re: Local Rehabber (Tampa Bay area) needs help

Just made a donation. Hope it helps the babies.

Just a thought, but instead of purchasing materialistic items for those that really have enough this holiday season, make a donation in that person's name to one of the awesome squirrel rehab places that need help right now.

done!
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

mpetys Guest

Quote Originally Posted by quagmire
    Just made a donation. Hope it helps the babies.

Just a thought, but instead of purchasing materialistic items for those that really have enough this holiday season, make a donation in that person's name to one of the awesome squirrel rehab places that need help right now.
    Thank you quagmire! What an awesome idea. I have had donations that were made in my name to charities I never heard of!! Maybe I could introduce people to some of the wildlife rehabbers I have met!

So many people will open their pocketbooks to donate to national animal groups or wildlife groups and not even think about how much that donation could do locally in their own community! I mean no disrespect to those that do donate to national groups, they do good I'm sure with their donations. I just remember that during Hurricane Katrina aftermath, the national breed rescue groups were doing their part by taking animals out of New Orleans to place in foster homes. They tried to get some money for expenses from some of the national animal groups and could not. People were volunteering their time, vans, motorhomes even, to rescue animals and could not get support from these national groups. I decided at that point that I would prefer to support local groups that have a direct impact in my community.

Oh my gosh, I didn't realize I had got on my soapbox. I'll get off now!

mpetys Guest

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber
    done!

Thanks IR!

dizzdigia Guest

I wish I could help out this week I did send all of her info and website to hubby at work and he sent out a mass email to everyone in his office. He told them about her $10.00 a month sponsor a squirrel program and that donations to her are tax deductible!

Smile Re: Local Rehabber (Tampa Bay area) needs help

Even before I found TSB, I was aware of the work done by Karen Clark of Lovely Lita's. I remembered her from a newspaper article in the past. Over the last few months I have made donations to her work and will donate now also. I don't know Karen personally but I have communicated with her by email and I follow her work on Facebook. One thing I am certain of is NO ONE has paid a higher price- both personally and financially- for loving squirrels than Karen Clark. She has a very big heart and I admire her work.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.