Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flying squirrel diet

Default Re: Flying squirrel diet

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU....all of you! I have gotten tips here and there but was very confused with the whole calcium/phospherous thing, but I understand now! I have been doing pretty good with them then...Im adding spinach regularly to their diets and less of seeds. They really seem to like the rodent blocks I got for them.

You guys are wonderful, I find and discover new things everyday on here. This is the best place I know to learn what you need to know about squirrelys!!!

Default Re: Flying squirrel diet

Quote Originally Posted by Skul
    Here's an example of a flyers dinner plate.
    Well actually several flyers.

Attachment 155787

YUMMY...Id eat that myself...LOL

Default Re: rodent block???

Quote Originally Posted by UDoWhat
    Yes, they are just fine for your squirrel. I am overwintering 9 squirrels this year. I am using Kay Tee Forti diet too. I will PM you another recipe I use to make healthy treats out of them.
    i want a new recipe too! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrycs Mommy
    PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEE EEEEEEEEE?!!!! lol

Default DO YOU WANT ACORNS???

Okay...I have literally THOUSANDS of ACORNS I can get at my work...I can have the kids help me collect them...all natural, we have woods that surround our daycare...trees are filled with squirrels. I didn't realize they were in such high demand...lol!

I surly dont mind collecting as long as you wouldn't mind pitching in a little for shipping. I'll find out about how much a pound will cost to send and I'll let everyone know!

Spread the word!!!

I'm gonna post a payment method for the acorns on my website for the cost for shipping as soon as I find out...I can ship FRI and SAT...if you want me to send them out this weekend...we can figure something out! maybe $3 a pound???
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: DO YOU WANT ACORNS???

Will they still be good traveling to Los Angeles if they're not shipped frozen? We certainly could use some more and would be happy to pay for them!

Oh yeah Im sure they would...Im assuming they are like any other nut...lol!

Please see them on my website...ordering can be made through the site as well PAYPAL!

I cant guarentee they will all be good...since the only way to tell is by cracking them open...however they should be orange inside...the kids are usually good about finding them nice and ripe....

http://sadiesshop.weebly.com/yummy-acorns.html

Cuteascnb, can you send some to Canada / Montreal? Something happened to our oaks this year.
    My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair.
    So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world.
    Jack Layton.

Ohmuhgosh!!!! We had NO acorns this year. Let me see what a flat rate box costs. I bet my darlings would squirrel kissey your feet for acorns. What a wonderful offer for all the acornless squirrlies!

I had the same problem at my house in Sarasota. Usually, our trees produce thosands but this year we got about 5% of that. I thought that it was this way throughout Sarasota until I had a chancs to got downtown. There I found an office building with a large parking lot with islands lined with acorn producing trees.I went back with a dust pan and wide broom,with a swift pull and light pressure I was able to roll them into piles.The handicap and parking spots the furtherest from the buidings produced the most uncrushed acorns. On my first trip I recovered 4 five gallon buckets of nuts. At least 70% of them are feed quality. I have gone back 3 times and each time with the same results.The people in the office must this I'm crazy.The thought just struck me,MAYBE I AM.I don't bother trying to sort out all the bad ones, I take what I can get and the the squirrels sort them out. I just wanted Squirrel and Squirrelfriend to get through the winter on their natural food.Now, when I drive around I'm looking at the parking lots for the telltale sign of smashed acorns then I go to the far end and get to work. I keep a broom and a bucket in the back of my truck. As a sidenote, Jackie in Tampa, our guys are doing great.Squirrel resides in the nest box and he comes ans visits everyday. He even made some new friends,now that my yard is full of acorns.Squirrelfriend has built her own nest, over the garage,just above the dryer vent.Probably helps on those cold winter nights. She comes and says hi every once in awhile and hangs with Squirrel most of the day. As I sit here typing, both of them are outside my window burying an acorns. I think they know I'm talking about them. Take care Jackie and thank you again.They made it.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Thumbs up Re: DO YOU WANT ACORNS???

Ok I have about 20 lbs of acorns....I cleaned them and sorted through the good and bad....yes I will ship to Canada ...I don't think it would be much more....I'm not charging for the acorns..they fall free from trees...lol....but if u could pay ur shipping that would be great....I was going to do $3.00 a pound but I think I'm going to have to do $5.00 ...I will also offer 1/2 lbs ....if the shipping is much less I will refund the differance...please order through my website with paypal....if u do not have paypal...contact me for other methods...i can only ship Fri and sat....any orders made tonight by midnight will go out in the morning....if u have any problems with my website....let me know....I would reccomend only ordering no more then a lbs but thats your call!

I beloved they are red oak acorns...the live oak are a little different but my flyers Love these....

WWW.sadiesshop.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by cuteascnb
    Ok I have about 20 lbs of acorns....I cleaned them and sorted through the good and bad....yes I will ship to Canada ...I don't think it would be much more....I'm not charging for the acorns..they fall free from trees...lol....but if u could pay ur shipping that would be great....I was going to do $3.00 a pound but I think I'm going to have to do $5.00 ...I will also offer 1/2 lbs ....if the shipping is much less I will refund the differance...please order through my website with paypal....if u do not have paypal...contact me for other methods...i can only ship Fri and sat....any orders made tonight by midnight will go out in the morning....if u have any problems with my website....let me know....I would reccomend only ordering no more then a lbs but thats your call!

I beloved they are red oak acorns...the live oak are a little different but my flyers Love these....

WWW.sadiesshop.weebly.com

PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE U PLACE UR ORDER SO I CAN GUARENTEE AMOUNTS!

alot of lil squirrelys are gonna be happy very soon!!!

It is not much of a difference in price, but when I was doing Christmas shopping on Amazon, I stumbled across Henery's Healthy blocks for 17.99 a bag (all formulas), 2 dollars is 2 dollars...

UdoWhat... can you post the recipe? I give Wort both HHB and kay-tee, but he mostly squirrels the Kay-tee...
    and the HB I have read not to leave in his cage (no preservatives) so I feel like I am literally throwing a lot out the window (i scatter the daily left overs for the squirrels in the park...)

My Stormy Lee won't eat the Kaytee, and she's just picking the pecan bits out of the Henry's. Next I guess I'll order some Mazuri blocks and monkey chow to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrycs Mommy
    So sorry ! I missed this post. I have sent you a PM.

Marty

Havnt made it yet but very simple...and sounds great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cuteascnb
    Havnt made it yet but very simple...and sounds great!!!
    It has to be easy or I can't do it.

Marty

UDW!!!!!

and cacb do sadie and bandit like the kaytee?! this is what i give my Mav man and he LOVES it (hes a fatty though he'd eat anything i swear!!!!)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast