Thread: different kind of lice or older lice?

Default different kind of lice or older lice?

I noticed that these were slightly larger than the last ones that I posted. The sides of the abdomen are a little more jagged. Are these a different kind or just an older version of the others?
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Mars Guest

Default Re: different kind of lice or older lice?

It's similiar to polyplax spinulosa (rat louse). Yours is more jagged on the sides. That's as close as my book comes.

Somebody's Mother Guest

forgive me for interrupting. but after viewing a few of the convos between rehabbers i must conclude that the conversations at rehabber conventions must be very interesting and not something you want to hear at the lunch table.
    great pics squirrelfriend.

Yeah, I suppose these guys aren't the prettiest. not a photo you would want to frame. Freddy, Frank and Carl ( I named them) are sensitive about their looks so be nice.

Somebody's Mother Guest

my apologies to the threesome! i bet they are real lookers for the females.

Mars Guest

When rehabbers go out to eat the tables often empty around us. I've wondered why. hmmmm Could it be our table manners?

Gabe Guest

Yes, and my husband always says "Do we have to talk about that now???" at the dinner table

Somebody's Mother Guest

i was the kid in high school that would go get my fetal pig that i was dissecting and bring it out to show people after lunch.
    i also had a friend that had a gator he had brought into school and they kept in the next science room over from mine. i would take the live gator, he was about two feet long, and go in the girls bathroom and put him down on the floor and let him run. i could always find an empty stall.

men tend to be okay with fart and vomit talk but talk about anything remotely interesting and they have a hissy fit.

Yeah, I work in a photo lab. I have started to be selective o who I share these photos with. Some think that I am nuts, others want to use the microscope too.

As a rehabber, I personally find it interesting. Anything that helps my knowledge for good squirrel care is right on with me. x_biggrin

And microscope pictures of "bugs" dont effect me in anyway compared to the condition of some of the babies that come to me.

~halo~

When rehabbers go out to eat the tables often empty around us. I've wondered why. hmmmm Could it be our table manners?

LOL! That is sooo true. When I meet my rehabber friends from Kansas City we giggle cause we too notice people giving us strange looks. Well u know when u start talking about poop texture and feeding bats mealworms with the heads picked off to get out the "goo" ... well u know..

LOL!

~Halo~

Halo, I get those looks too. We'll be sitting down to lunch at the grocery store that I work at too and be talking about (with my husband who is in charge there at nights with me) the scabs, breaks, pus draining, parasites etc. We get very unappreciated looks.

By the way, in case any are wondering I am not schitzo(sp?). I have 3 jobs. I work at a photo lab, Do freelance photography and work at a grocery store. Yes, these keep me very busy between the three.

I realized that I keep mentioning different jobs. People must think that I am either crazy or just making it up so I thought that I would elaborate a little.

SquirrelFriend,
    Wow, u are busy! I suspect most rehabbers work outside rehabbing since most are volunteers. I do an assortment of "jobs" myself. I have a master level degree in energy healing so right now I am teaching holistic energy classes to the surrounding area, make soap and bath products that I sell at my husbands office and other places, and do the squirrel rehabbing. All while having two teenagers! Thats enough for me.

My true calling though is connected with the wildlife and I love to educate those people who dont give a rats butt about life. I have changed many of neighbors hearts thru them seeing me save sweet baby squirrels lives. Its a joy!

~halo~

My friends and me are all nurses, PT, and doctors . When we get together for anything some where some interesting (gross) comes up , our husbands are so grossed out, they try to talk over us. No subject is out of bounds or too gross, it is just the nature of the beast

This thread is 5 yrs old -- from 2007....
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '