Thread: PINKY NEEDS HELP IN FLORENCE SC EMERGENCY!!

Default PINKY NEEDS HELP IN FLORENCE SC EMERGENCY!!

I am in NC an hour an a half away and can't get there anytime soon. We just got a call that this women has a pinky who has no idea how to take care of him/her. I have her information. Could someone in that area please PM me asap...

The baby has blood coming out of his/her mouth. It was brought to the women by her cat. It is warm right now but that is about it. It needs some help as soon as possible.

Thank you sooo much.

Sorry! I'm 200 miles from Florence. There is a rescue group in Kershaw county I think. Can't remember the ladies name. SORRY!

Some SC listings http://www.dnr.sc.gov/wildlife/publi...df/mammals.pdf

I'm two hours away and can help but just ran out of my baby FV all i have is adult and I could get antibiotics tomorrow! Have one cipro cap i could use if someone can dose and this is all if they can get baby to me! Let me know cause the sooner the better!!!!
    Last edited by Nancy in New York; 10-10-2011 at 05:41 PM. Reason: user request

Default Pinkie in Florence SC

I just got a PM about this baby and it is in the rehabber section and I can't figure out how to move it here! Please someone go there and move it here it is an emergency!!! Haven't gotten any replies as of yet to the reply I sent to the PM just trying to see where things stand now!
    KATIE

Default Re: PINKY NEEDS HELP IN FLORENCE SC EMERGENCY!!

Still no word I'm thinking this is not good!
    KATIE

I am in SC but am about 2 hours away (from what my sister said who used to live there and lives by me now). I cannot drive out there way now because doing feedings and have school in the morning. But if someone could get him/her here, then I can get her stabilized and over to my local rehabber. I cannot raise any babies right now because I am so busy at the moment. But I can keep her a couple days until I can get her to the rehabber. Let me know if that works. Hope he/she is ok.

vickyjhnsn Guest

Hi Everyone:

I posted the original post. The women in Florence, bless her, she drove all the way here to where I live (1 1/2 hours) to bring the squirrel to another rehabber. I have five so I'm at my limit. She only has one so she was more than happy to try to help.

The poor baby died an hour after he got to her house. It was too badly injured from the cat. Thanks for all your help. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. I am so busy with my five, in fact I've got to get my little ones fed now.

Thanks again for all your help. This board is a blessing.

Vicky

Sorry to hear the baby passed. Rest in peace.