Thread: Anabelle!

Anabelle24 Guest

Default Anabelle!

Hi Everyone! My name is Mindy and I have been taking care of a little girl who I named Anabelle! This is my first time taking care of a baby squirrel and it has been a wonderful experience! I am so glad I found this website, because I haven't been a member for very long but have already received such great advice and help!

On August 14th, a tree was knocked down in my Aunt's yard during a bad storm. I went out there right after it happened to see how they were doing and assess the damage. We found her under a part of the tree just lying in the grass. She was cold and wet and it was starting to get dark so I just couldn't leave her there. I looked her over and she didn't appear to have any injuries. I searched everywhere to see if I could find any others but she was the only one I could find. I took her to the Vet and the lady told me she was the Wildlife Rehab Vet there and gave me KMR formula and told me what I needed to do to care for her. The baby kept having soft, loose stools so I contacted the Vet again to ask if this was normal and she told me yes, because of the formula. Well, I started doing research because it just didn't seem normal to me and found out KMR is like the worst stuff you can give them. I found this website and immediately got wonderful help and started her on the goat's milk formula until her FV arrived! After just one day on the FV she started having firm stools! I don't think I've ever been so happy about poop before lol!

This is what she looked like when I found her...
    [IMG][/IMG]

It's been about 4 weeks now and she has grown up so fast. I think she is about 6-7 weeks old now! She is doing great and is very active and sweet! I just love her to death and have gotten very attached to her!!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Default Re: Anabelle!

awe!!! shes adorable!!! i cant wait until my Mavryc opens his eyes lol its taking forever it seems... or maybe im just impatient?! but still shes a cutie lol

What a little cutie! Thanks for sharing her with us.
    Squammy to: Jordyn & Parkyr -Southern Flyers

2016 Babies - Sweet Pea & Chance

Releases: Della & James, Oak, Ash & Maple, Schitzo,Shawty,Cricket,Chandy,Bonnie & Clyde,
    Screech, Fiona, Porgy & Bess

RIP: Itty Bitty, Rascal, Whisper

Passion4Trashin on eBay ~ Click the link below to find great deals!
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/passion4trashin/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&rt=nc&_dmd=2
    or here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Passi...6044929?ref=hl
    If you have any questions or are searching for something please contact me via PM or
    passionfortrashin@gmail.com
    Per the new rule only sellers will be allowed to post in their thread in the "For Sale" Forum.

That was a close call.
    Still don't understand why some vets say KMR???
    Maybe they should read TSB.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.