Thread: squirrel flea photos

Default squirrel flea photos

here is a photo of what a squirrel flea looks like. they are different from cat and dog fleas. they do not jump which is fortunate for us beacause that makes them easier to catch. I will get a few more photo soon. I got a few samples off of a new girl yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Question Re: squirrel flea photos

Good shot....can you post a pick of a dog & cat flea...so I can see the difference. I thought all fleas were the same!!!
    I got my a$$ chewed up this spring by a squirrel with fleas....if don't remember seeing them jump....I just know i got chewwed up pretty bad.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Rebecca <
    SC Wildlife Rehabilitator
    I'm a squirrel watcher, I'm a squirrel watcher, watching squirrels go by, my my my!

Default Re: squirrel flea photos

I would be happy to but I don't have any on my cats. If anybody out there has some that they can send me I would be happy to photograph them for this board. Polace them in a film canister and just mail them regular mail. Place a few in the canister so that I will have better odds of having a good sample. You can PM me for my address.

I have heard there are places you can purchase fleas <insert flea market joke here>

Sorry! I couldn't resist

[quote=squirrelfriend]I would be happy to but I don't have any on my cats. [quote]
    Yeah....mine don't either.....I use Frontline and it's been flea free for a while. If I do find some....it may be in the spring....I'll be sure to send them to ya!!! How do you photo them?? Nice work!

Too funny.... s"R"s!!!
    Rebecca <
    I'm a squirrel watcher, I'm a squirrel watcher, watching squirrels go by, my my my!

Exclamation Re: squirrel flea photos

Found this on the internet...cat flea!!! How do the differ??
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rebecca <

Good one SRS. I think I would like to shop around first though. you know, this is an important investment.

I think the photo posted by Secret Squirrel will do nicely for comparison. As for differences I find that the squirrel flea is linger and leaner than the cat flea. The cat flea has more scales on it abdomen too. The most obvious when encountering the squirrel flea is that they do not jump. IF it jumps, it is not a squirrel flea. On first appearance they look longer.

thumper Guest

I've heard of a place you can find fleas....pick them up ITCH HIKING

Somebody's Mother Guest

i can't get a picture of the ones on my dog because they are always fleaing from me!!