Thread: MBD HELP!!\

Default MBD HELP!!\

My 3 year old flyer, Timber, has MBD. He can barely use his back legs. My older flyer, Delilah, is not showing any symptoms. She is 6.

He won't eat much, he just crawls into a corner and sleeps. He drank water last night but I haven't seen him drink any this morning. I have been giving him cuttlebone shavings mixed with applesauce, some dannon yogurt, and some vitadrops vitamins. Since he is a flyer I am worried it could be vit D defic??

We found him laying on the bottom of the cage. He is so sweet and loving and I just can't stop crying and I'm so worried he will die. I'm a horrible squammy, I can't believe I let this happen to my baby!! He had a cuttlebone in there but I guess he didn't use it, or he needed more leafy greens.

I am having to force feed him what I can get in him (vitamins, calcium, yogurt and applesauce). I have been trying to mix reptocap in with peanut butter and again with honey which he usually loves, but he won't eat any of it.

Please help, if you can call me and are a rehabber or someone with MBD experience who may be able to help me better, please let me know as I am more than happy to give out my phone number to someone who can help

OH, and in addition to this...I have to leave my home tonight because of Irene evacuations...and my baby is sick. I am in so much emotional pain, I just need someone to tell me if it is too late, if he will be ok, what to expect...I mean I've read all of this on the NFSA and I've had flyers for 6 years, but I just feel like I'm not doing enough, like he isn't eating enough calcium, like he could get worse....

Default Re: MBD HELP!!\

this thread needs to be in emergency forum ... i'll ask for it to be moved....

we need to know the city you are in so we'll know if any of our members are near you.

Silvana..

tip for flyer parents.... Flying Squirrels need meat every single day (mealworms/waxworms/cooked chicken breast)