Thread: Need raccoon help

Default Need raccoon help

What can I use for a 4-5 week old raccoon for flea control? Also, what is the best dewormer to use?

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

Default Re: Need raccoon help

sending pm with phone number in case you want me to read info...
    Anne and others will have hands on info, i JUST HAVE BOOK INFO, NO EXPERIENCE..
    will be back in a few minutes to write med info...but for a starter, you can use capstar, revolution...they are coon safe...
    a dawn dish liquid bath may help immediately with the fleas....
    how old are babies

dmgualtieri is the racoon go to person, although there are many TSB members that raise them.
    you can bath them in dawn dish liquid to help with fleas...capstar can be bought at any petco or vet, feed store etc...that will help with both fleas and some worms..
    I think racoons need other stuff too, vacines etc, parvo, rabies, full of worms, ...I have no clue, but can read what the books say if no one comes on...
    PM me or clear your box and I will send phone number

I have droncit if needed ..can send out today...it is expensive{hate to see you spend money when I rarely need this} I can share with no problem...one tablet goes along way, they are 600mg. Human sized!
    5 tablets were 76 bucks...ugh... that's what I am saying...if you cannot get anything locally...know I have these.

panacur, capstar, there are alot of choices..
    Revolution also...
    YOUR PM box is fulll!

Jackie, I cleared out my inbox. I am off to pick the little boy up. I pm'd Virgo last night as she may have a vet to administer vaccines.
    In the meantime, I've called nick for the fox valley. I read the wild mammal babies chapter on raccoons quickly this morning. I may buy the dewormer
    from you if you don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxied
    Jackie, I cleared out my inbox. I am off to pick the little boy up. I pm'd Virgo last night as she may have a vet to administer vaccines.
    In the meantime, I've called nick for the fox valley. I read the wild mammal babies chapter on raccoons quickly this morning. I may buy the dewormer
    from you if you don't need it.
    pm me your addy, I want to share it...it will be sad to watch it expire, really.

Hey there. Go to my website - I have great raccoon baby info. I rehab lots and lots of them. I have 20 this year so far!

Flea control - just like a dog. All for dog work for coonies. Yep was in dog shampoo or dawn. They are very close to dog

here's my very favorite raccoon website

http://www.orphanedwildlifecare.com/raccooncare.htm#5

I use dog AND cat distemper shots. Most states its illegal to do rabies but ok for distemper shots.

If you only have one - please oh please find a rehabber with more. They can not be released solo - they need to learn coonie language and in if you are in a cold climate they NEED eachother to stay warm.
    Formula - Esbilac or ANY puppy formula is fine - they are not fragile. I have used every brand with great luck on all.

Wormers - rotate and worm every 3-4 weeks. Piperzine & Pyrantel - all available at farm stores or Petsmarts. You must worm and wash your hands after handling. Raccoon round worm is very serious.
    Nancy
    Illinois Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitator

take a peek at my website for fun happenings and cute critters!

http://www.2ndhandranch.com/index.html

Thank you to all that made the Rehab Cottage dream come true