Thread: Licking and chewing fur off his tail and leg

tajally Guest

Unhappy Licking and chewing fur off his tail and leg

Chester is going on 3 years, squirrel board helped me out last year when he was diagnosed with MBD; I gave him calcium, kept him confined; changed his diet which took him time to get used to. His feet and ankles seem to be paralzed, but he still gets around good and is fast, this week I noticed on the underneath of his tail, all fur is missing and is red, plus he has developed an open wound on his shin, almost as if he has been nawing on it. He also seem to be licking his front legs a lot and licks my hands and arms. I dont know what is going on with him, but if someone can help me, he is my baby and I want to make him better.
    Regards
    Jill

Default Re: Licking and chewing fur off his tail and leg

hi Jill,

This thread is mostly for general info about specific ailments.
    If one seeks help with something that goes on at the moment and requires immediate attention, it is much better to post one's question in either Emergency Life-Threatening Help needed, or Non-Life Threatening Help needed (depending on the situation).
    So, if it's ok, I will re-post your question in Emergency Life-Threatening thread because the open wound might become a serious issue.
    So, look for your question in Emergency LIfe-Threatening thread.

Default Re: Licking and chewing fur off his tail and leg

Hi Jill,

This is where I re-posted your question and where people have already replied with excellent ideas:

http://www.thesquirrelboard.com/foru...ad.php?t=29529

Members who have read this thread: 1