Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TSB: MEET THE NEW BOSS (same as the old Administrator :D )

Default Re: TSB: MEET THE NEW BOSS (same as the old Administrator :D )

Congratulations!

Can. I reapply for my old job of interested bystander?
    We live in a heaven created by our virtues --- Muktananda

Can you give first time posters the ability to private message? I know it was a way to weed out spammers and the like but it is first time posters that often have the emergencies, that require the PM function...

CONGRATULATIONS IR........I still don't have access to smilies, size of formats or colors, so just imagine red, size 5 and fireworks........grin...
    To all my babies past and present..
    Thank you for showing me how to love
    and be loved unconditionally....
    RIP Timothy

congrats woman!!!! can I say that????

Thank you for all the congratulations and for not posting things like "Oh, NO!!! I am SO outta here! "

Critter Mom & others, I hope to resolve a lot of the format issues when we do that upgrade. We need to weigh the benefits of accessibility against the dangers of hackers & spammers.

Tiny Paws, do you have Java script enabled on your computer? That was my problem early on, when I couldn't get smilies.

On a more serious note, I truly want to take a firm step in the right direction for TSB, and the right direction is Zero Tolerance of individuals who distract us from our business of squirrel-saving with their melodrama, mean-spiritedness or just plain lack of courtesy. There will be a new focus on upholding the Rules; you can bet your next tub of Fox Valley on it.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Tickle's Mom Guest

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber
    Friends, it's now official, although it's been in the works for months. Jim (Squerly) and Trish (Momma Squirrel), the creators and owners of The Squirrel Board, have given The Squirrel Board to me.

I've been the Admin here for years, and along with trusted moderators and Overseers I've been able to keep this Board running and saving and rescuing and delighting in those fluffy-tailed charmers we love so much -- squirrels. From now on, though, THE BUCK STOPS HERE. I will rely on my colleagues here to make the most fair, educated decisions possible.....but in the end, it's my baby on the line here and, like all my babies, I will guard it with my life and defend it to my death. Just lettin' yiz know.....

There will be changes. After 5 years of existence, there are problems and issues and changes in any Board that need to be made, but not overnight. One of the most crucial ones is an upgrade to the V-Bulletin format which is long overdue. Too many kinks and quirks, and I don't just mean those in our membership.

So, let's go forward and not look back, except when we're researching all the excellent info here. TSB has a mission: to save squirrels in trouble, to connect people who love and care for them, and to spread the knowledge and best practices of squirrel rehabilitation over the vast universe of the internet. Oh yeah, and to have fun while doing it. Squirrels ROCK!

IR

Good Lord woman!! Have you lost your mind???

Congratulations

mpetys Guest

Congrats IR! This is wonderful news. I know how much this board must mean to you; after all, you have had to deal with a lot as Admin and yet you still put up with us! This is great news for us as a community because with change comes revitalization. I am grateful that Momma Squirrel and Squerly got TSB started. A lot of squirrels have been saved and people like me, who never even knew squirrel rehabbers existed, have found a new passion.

I am excited for the future of TSB. I support the zero tolerance policy for all and I hope all members can start fresh with an open heart and an open mind. I had given this website address to a nice lady who brought me three squirrels. I thought she would enjoy reading about the wonderful squirrels of TSB and seeing the pictures. This was back in February. Well, between being busy and having computer problems, she never visited. I spoke with her last week and she asked me for the website address. Computer problems are all fixed and she thought she would check us out. IR, my heart sank a bit. I almost didn't want to give it to her because of all the problems, squabbles and drama recently. I had told her how wonderful it was here but when I gave her the address last week, I was so worried she would come on in the middle of some senseless drama and would walk away with the wrong impression of what TSB is! So, this firm step in a new direction sounds great to me!

Michele

Congratulations IR, The squirrels are singing in the trees. Let me know if I can do anything to make TSB an even better place!!

Marty

Congrats!! I have always admired your decision making and the ability to see things for what they are. You'll be great!

Milo's Mom is offline Permitted Pennsylvania Wildlife Rehabilitator

Top-quality custom cage gear, accessories, blankets, & toys.
    Boutique items are fun, unique, and anything but ordinary.

TSB thread: Auntie MM's Custom Boutique Website: https://auntiemmscb.square.site/ Facebook: Auntie MM's Facebook Page

WOW! Congratulations, IR! What a huge thing to take on! THANK YOU!
    And thanks to Squerly and Momma Squirrel, too. This board rocks my socks.

If you need help with the business side of things, IR, please hesitate to call me.

See this is what happens when you don't show up for the meeting. They elect YOU the new leader!

Congrats IR. I'm all for zero tolerance!

Congrats IR!!

Quote Originally Posted by mpetys
    I am excited for the future of TSB. I support the zero tolerance policy for all and I hope all members can start fresh with an open heart and an open mind. I had given this website address to a nice lady who brought me three squirrels. I thought she would enjoy reading about the wonderful squirrels of TSB and seeing the pictures. This was back in February. Well, between being busy and having computer problems, she never visited. I spoke with her last week and she asked me for the website address. Computer problems are all fixed and she thought she would check us out. IR, my heart sank a bit. I almost didn't want to give it to her because of all the problems, squabbles and drama recently. I had told her how wonderful it was here but when I gave her the address last week, I was so worried she would come on in the middle of some senseless drama and would walk away with the wrong impression of what TSB is! So, this firm step in a new direction sounds great to me!

Michele
    Henry's Healthy Pets
    Henry's Healthy Blocks, Fox Valley Formula, Fleecies Cage Gear and more

The animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations… ~Henry Beston, The Outermost House, 1928

Congrats, IR! I know the passing of the squirrel is never easy to accomplish, but also know TSB is in excellent hands!

I do have java script and to make sure it's recent, I just updated it..but sitll having the same trouble with replys...
    To all my babies past and present..
    Thank you for showing me how to love
    and be loved unconditionally....
    RIP Timothy

LiLTreeRat Guest

I haven't been here long, but you have all been wonderful, and IR, you have had input in every one of my questions, so, MANY thanks, and CONGRATS!!

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!

Well deserved and logical choice. Congrats!

And ditto to what Fireweed said. My life has become so full of friends and fun having discovered TSB. Thank you so much Skwerly and Momma Squirrel.

virgo062 Guest

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast