Thread: ferret food

be571 Guest

Default ferret food

just wondering can a 10 week old eat ferret food, she don't want her formula any more, I have been feeding her formula @ 7am mixed with rodent dust, noon veggie mix and fruit 1 pecan, 7pm formula mixed with monkey biscuit, but now she don't want the formula and when I feed her at noon the only thing she wants to eat is the pecan and she hides the rest, I also give her leaves. I have some ferret food just wondering if she can eat that. Any advice on what else to feed will be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: ferret food

No ferret food - they are carnivores and squirrels are not. Give her the monkey biscuits or a rodent block and some healthy veggies during the day with NO NUTS and at the end of the day if she was a good girl and ate her blocks, she can have a small bit of nut. I usually suggest that you not even show them nuts until they are eating their rodent blocks well. There is reams of info on healthy veggies in our nutrition forum.

mugzeezma Guest

Ferret food is REALLY high in protein 26%-36%
    Adult squirrels should not have more than 14%

keep pushing the monkey biscuit and formula

you're good

Have you tried HHB yet? - along with HT Rat Blocks? - they are both healthy and great for squirrels to eat for a balanced diet along with vegetables, fresh water, limited fruits and nuts.

martine4161 Guest

Thanks for the information..I will keep looking for more such information.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.