Thread: Natural remedy for mites??

littlenaenae Guest

Default Natural remedy for mites??

hi, my baby is only about 7to maybe 9 weeks at the most. i've had him for a couple of weeks, so sweet and loves to cuddle. but i can't hold him anymore, he's itching and when i hold him(or even have him wrapped in his towel, i start to itch and can see these tiny bite marks on me. it looks to me like he has mites, the crusty ears, skin etc. but i don't think i'll be able to get anything from the vet(if he'll even let me get it), until middle of next week. i also have a ferret and cat that i don't want to get it either. i read i could use mineral oil, dawn det. and maybe tea tree oil to help get rid of them. has anyone ever heard of that?? oh and i believe he' a tree squirrel. i put neosporin on his boo boos to hopefully help them from not getting infected or anything, i wasn't sure if i could use hydrocortisone ointment 2.5% to help the itch. if anyone knows i'd love to hear. thanks.

lilidukes Guest

Default Re: Natural remedy for mites??

Quote Originally Posted by littlenaenae
    hi, my baby is only about 7to maybe 9 weeks at the most. i've had him for a couple of weeks, so sweet and loves to cuddle. but i can't hold him anymore, he's itching and when i hold him(or even have him wrapped in his towel, i start to itch and can see these tiny bite marks on me. it looks to me like he has mites, the crusty ears, skin etc. but i don't think i'll be able to get anything from the vet(if he'll even let me get it), until middle of next week. i also have a ferret and cat that i don't want to get it either. i read i could use mineral oil, dawn det. and maybe tea tree oil to help get rid of them. has anyone ever heard of that?? oh and i believe he' a tree squirrel. i put neosporin on his boo boos to hopefully help them from not getting infected or anything, i wasn't sure if i could use hydrocortisone ointment 2.5% to help the itch. if anyone knows i'd love to hear. thanks.

Give him a bath with dawn dish soap, use a cotton ball around the head. Use bowls of water 4-5 wash in one and rinse rinse rinse in the others. Squirrels tend to freak around running water.

Did any boo boo's come from a cat? If so the baby will need ab's

Members who have read this thread: 1