Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1.5 year old female... something's wrong.

Default Re: 1.5 year old female... something's wrong.

Please continue on the MBD treatment. It takes months even up to a year to build/strengthen bones. Continue the emergency treatment and try hard to get her on some kind of rodent block. The Boo Ball recipe in the Squirrel Nutrition Forum can help transition squirrels to eat block. You can add/substitute the flavor of the baby fruit food (apples and plums) if you think your squirrel would prefer another flavor. The trick here is to get her used to eating rodent block as soon as you can. I am glad to hear she is better. However, if she has MBD you have a long way to go yet to achieve strong healthy bones. Please keep us posted.

Marty, Licensed Maryland Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

Quote Originally Posted by sammalamm
    Thanks everyone. I think she's starting to feel better. She's definitely more active and I haven't heard her bark all day. I brought some branches in from outside... is there any specifically that I should stay away from?

Also, I just read that squirrels shouldn't have corn. Why is this? I've given her quite a bit this past week or so as it was leftover (never cooked nor eaten).
    If you bring branches in from outside make sure they are not branchces you picked up off the ground... you'd run a hig risk of having toxins on those and toxins could be fatal ... alpha-toxins are one thiing we suspect might have contributed to my Scooter's death (from a branch I brought in)... so, jut play it safe... best err on the safe side and get branches only directly from the trees themselves.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My sweet Scooter, my darling Hami... YOU brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done now and you can enjoy your freedom. We'll meet at the Bridge again some day... and I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

Yes, I have started the MBD treatment. ]

Thanks for the info on the corn.. hope she enjoyed while it lasted. She won't be getting it anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by sammalamm
    Yes, I have started the MBD treatment. ]

Thanks for the info on the corn.. hope she enjoyed while it lasted. She won't be getting it anymore..

Good to hear Please keep us posted on her progress.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12