Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Baby Vole Care?

Default Re: Baby Vole Care?

Quote Originally Posted by stosh2010
    ADIOS little FUZZER... You brought such HAPPINESS to your "Mom".
    You will never be FORGOTTEN.

ANY LOSS OF ONE OF OUR LITTLE ONES--IS A LOSS TO US ALL
    Thank you so much. This is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for me. I also got your email with it. I am touched that you took the time to make something so special for me in memory of my Squeaker. I wanted you to know that I will be having it printed out and framed to sit next to her urn. I was sad that her urn was not one that comes with a photo frame, but it is a beautiful wooden box with designs engraved into it and now I am very happy that I have the perfect collage to frame to stand next to her urn. I cannot thank you enough. This is so great! It brings back so many memories of what we went through.

Thank you also to everyone else too for all of the kind words. I have not been back to check her thread so I did not notice anyone had commented. Squeaker has been cremated and we will be picking her up tomorrow. It has been difficult because I keep wanting to tell her goodnight and get her food ready. Tonight is cage cleaning night for everyone and this is going to be difficult to finally break down her entire cage. It is finally feeling more permanent that she will be coming home in a different form. Rest in Peace Squeaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu2010
    Thank you so much. This is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for me. I also got your email with it.
    It was my pleasure
    Pierre said
    :... our little friends " leave their HEART-SHAPED footprints on us."
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu2010
    It has been difficult because I keep wanting to tell her goodnight and get her food ready. Tonight is cage cleaning night for everyone and this is going to be difficult to finally break down her entire cage. It is finally feeling more permanent that she will be coming home in a different form. Rest in Peace Squeaker.
    hugs to you... this is one of the hardest things...

This loss brings so much sadness,
    little beautiful Squeaker baby.

I love little ratties, they are so adorable.

RIP little one.

I am so sorry and send my love.

Quote Originally Posted by stosh2010
    It was my pleasure
    Pierre said
    :... our little friends " leave their HEART-SHAPED footprints on us."
    That is so very true. Every fuzzer that has come into my life has touched my heart in a special way. It is always hard with the smaller mammals because they are so special and their lives are so short.

Thank you Rama and astra. Squeaks will be deeply missed. I will post a video later of her from when she free roamed in the office for a few weeks. We couldn't figure out how everything was being moved around in the room. I decided to grab a few random items and she goes to town. My favorite video of her. She really knew how to make me smile. She was so much fun. I know ratties can be smart, but she sure did take it to another level.

Lulu2010, I'm sorry to hear about Squeaker.
    "[T]his is a lovely world, but not an easy one." - Salten
    Field Observations | Sciuridae
    Be advised, I'm neither a rehabber nor a wildlife biologist, so don't trust me with anything important.

Thank you Peter.

Rick_d Guest

I am sorry to hear about your little Squeaker. I know this is an older thread (found by searching for vole care). I just thought i would add a little story.

Four days ago i was outside working on my car and heard some fairly faint squeaking noises. After a while i went to investigate, found a baby vole. All by himself in the middle of my yard (big yard) he must have been crawling a long time.

That day it was very hot, i waited and watched for a while no mommy came to his rescue so i stepped in. Been taking care of him since. Also the poor little guy had a tick which i had to carefully remove from between his toes (talk about tricky). Not sure exactly what type of vole but they live all around here.

I will put these photos up, (baby vole eyes still closed with fur) just so other people can see what they look like. I know your little squeaker was thought to be a type of vole. In light of reading your thread i shall name my little guy Squeaker. =)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234