Last Saturday, as I was packing up my baby squirrels to leave Tomo's wonderful luncheon, something happened which had never happened before: one of my Snuggle Safe microwaveable warming disks, which I had just nuked for 2 minutes, BURST. It spewed burning hot wax all over the bottom of the large bag where it was sitting underneath both containers of baby squirrels! Needless to say I grabbed the containers and moved them off the disk, then grabbed the sopping wet bag containing the disk and ran to throw them in the bathroom sink. thank GOD both baby containers were the type with solid bottoms...had they been in my beige open top carrier which has air holes along the bottom, the burning hot wax would have seeped in and burned the babies .
This disk was my older one; maybe 5-6 years old. I had never heard of this happening, but it did. From now on, I will be enclosing all disks in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag (or two!) before putting it anywhere near my squirrel babies.
Tomo: I am SO SORRY about the waxy mess on your table and sink!

SUMMARY: Check your Snuggle Safe Disk for holes....don't overheat it......place it in a sealed container (Ziploc) for EXTRA PRECAUTION.

And never, ever EVER put the disk under the babies!!! ONLY under the CONTAINER they are in!