Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Thanks for being here

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    97
    Thanked: 1

    Default Thanks for being here

    I just wanted to say how wonderful this Message Board is! As a squirrel lover myself, it is refreshing to see so many other folks who have fallen in love with these amazing tree rodents with tails!

    I have been perusing the board for a year or two now, but this is my first post. My wife and I got involved with the local wildlife center 5 years ago and started fostering squirrels 4 years ago. We have now rehabbed over 100 Greys, plus a few Flyers and Pine (Red) Squirrels, in our home. I also coordinate the squirrel releases from the wildlife center, so over the course of last summer I did soft releases on another 75 or so squirrels in local parks/conservancies/backyards. I have frequently utilized the expertise on this Board to help me deal with the inevitable issues that arise when you rehab babies. I also now teach the squirrel rehab class at our center, so that we keep a good supply of new fosters! The very first thing I tell them about is the Squirrel Board thanks for being here!

    I'm in Southern Wisconsin and would be happy to assist with any squirrels in need!

  2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to madtowntom from:

    gunpackingrandma (04-19-2020)

  3. #2
    lilidukes Guest

    Default Re: Thanks for being here

    It sounds like you have experiences to share with us too.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Orange Park, FL
    Posts
    4,666
    Thanked: 374

    Default Re: Thanks for being here

    Thanks for the kind words and for helping so many babies grow and learn to be free. Do glad that you have joined the board.
    Anne
    Wildlife and Squirrel Rescue,Inc.
    Rescuing Fl squirrels since 1979
    Moderator: NFSA Emergency Care
    Wildlife Intake Coordinator and Rehab Consultant at "The Ark Wildlife Care and Sanctuary Inc"
    http://www.thearkwildlifecareandsanctuary.com/

    Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but learning to how to dance in the rain"

    "The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it taken place."
    George Bernard Shaw

    "Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear." - Mark Twain

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sarasota County, Florida
    Posts
    21
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Thanks for being here


  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,307
    Thanked: 1631

    Default Re: Thanks for being here

    So glad you are here. This is a wonderful place. We will look forward to more posts and info from you.

    Marty, Licensed Maryland Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    under the midnight sun
    Posts
    9,171
    Thanked: 180

    Default Re: Thanks for being here

    Quote Originally Posted by lilidukes
    It sounds like you have experiences to share with us too.
    Yes, exactly! and and Thrilled to see you here!

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    at my computer desk
    Posts
    920
    Thanked: 5

    Default Re: Thanks for being here

    Always nice to have another squirrel lover join and what a bonus, you come with great experience!

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    West of Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    4,907
    Thanked: 1343

    Default Re: Thanks for being here

    It's so very nice to "meet" someone like you, with a baggage of experience.

    Wish we had people like you around here.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My sweet Scooter, darling Hami, beloved gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, just remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

  10. #9
    Jester Guest

    Default Re: Thanks for being here


  11. #10
    Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    23,474
    Thanked: 10

    Default Re: Thanks for being here


  12. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    13,355
    Thanked: 10025

    Default Re: Thanks for being here

    Another plus for TSB! Welcome! You've made a difference in the lives of so many squirrlies. Keep up the good work!

  13. #12
    mugzeezma Guest

    Default Re: Thanks for being here

    Quote Originally Posted by madtowntom
    I just wanted to say how wonderful this Message Board is! As a squirrel lover myself, it is refreshing to see so many other folks who have fallen in love with these amazing tree rodents with tails!

    I have been perusing the board for a year or two now, but this is my first post. My wife and I got involved with the local wildlife center 5 years ago and started fostering squirrels 4 years ago. We have now rehabbed over 100 Greys, plus a few Flyers and Pine (Red) Squirrels, in our home. I also coordinate the squirrel releases from the wildlife center, so over the course of last summer I did soft releases on another 75 or so squirrels in local parks/conservancies/backyards. I have frequently utilized the expertise on this Board to help me deal with the inevitable issues that arise when you rehab babies. I also now teach the squirrel rehab class at our center, so that we keep a good supply of new fosters! The very first thing I tell them about is the Squirrel Board thanks for being here!

    I'm in Southern Wisconsin and would be happy to assist with any squirrels in need!
    WOW MADTOWN
    know it, love it!
    So glad to have you aboard!!!

    stay posted...we get babies in need sometimes in your area and nowhere to go!
    do you know how the Private Message system works?

    Please let me know

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    in my own head
    Posts
    3,514
    Thanked: 9

    Default Re: Thanks for being here


    To all who have every loved a wild baby
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xpMl9AnaIg

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    97
    Thanked: 1

    Default Re: Thanks for being here

    Quote Originally Posted by mugzeezma
    WOW MADTOWN
    know it, love it!
    So glad to have you aboard!!!

    stay posted...we get babies in need sometimes in your area and nowhere to go!
    do you know how the Private Message system works?

    Please let me know
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't think I have PM privileges yet. I also am not able to see any of internal links on messages (I miss not being able to see the pics). Is that based on length of "membership" or is there some application process? -- or do you just have to have a certain number of posts without screwing up

  16. #15
    mugzeezma Guest

    Default Re: Thanks for being here

    Quote Originally Posted by madtowntom
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't think I have PM privileges yet. I also am not able to see any of internal links on messages (I miss not being able to see the pics). Is that based on length of "membership" or is there some application process? -- or do you just have to have a certain number of posts without screwing up
    You may email me at
    tool_town@hotmail.com

    forgot the rules...I'll have to see what the criteria are for new members...it's been awhile.
    I'd LOVE to hear what you have for rehab services in WI...seems to be few and far between

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Orange City, FL
    Posts
    1,496
    Thanked: 3

    Default Re: Thanks for being here

    So glad you joined TSB, looking forward to your pics and hearing of your different experiences with these beautiful fuzzers

  18. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    2
    Thanked: 2

    Exclamation Re: Thanks for being here

    I need someone to take in a baby squirrel hes not doing well and I am ill equipped please email me bsomelchert@gmail.com or call I need help ASAP 414-914-4397

  19. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Bsomelchert from:

    RockyPops (04-17-2020)

  20. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanked: 1586

    Default Re: Thanks for being here

    Hello Bsomelchirt! I feel your panic. I hope someone helps you soon.

    I was glad you saw this post. This person may be your best bet. So keep checking back often.

    And thank you for trying to help this baby.

    Can you try to hydrate the baby? There is a homemade pedialyte recipe thats easy to make.

    Can you post a picture of the little one?

    Edit: I just noticed this is a real old post. Sorry!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •