Thread: Thanks for being here

Default Thanks for being here

I just wanted to say how wonderful this Message Board is! As a squirrel lover myself, it is refreshing to see so many other folks who have fallen in love with these amazing tree rodents with tails!

I have been perusing the board for a year or two now, but this is my first post. My wife and I got involved with the local wildlife center 5 years ago and started fostering squirrels 4 years ago. We have now rehabbed over 100 Greys, plus a few Flyers and Pine (Red) Squirrels, in our home. I also coordinate the squirrel releases from the wildlife center, so over the course of last summer I did soft releases on another 75 or so squirrels in local parks/conservancies/backyards. I have frequently utilized the expertise on this Board to help me deal with the inevitable issues that arise when you rehab babies. I also now teach the squirrel rehab class at our center, so that we keep a good supply of new fosters! The very first thing I tell them about is the Squirrel Board – thanks for being here!

I'm in Southern Wisconsin and would be happy to assist with any squirrels in need!

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to madtowntom from:

gunpackingrandma (04-19-2020)

lilidukes Guest

Default Re: Thanks for being here

It sounds like you have experiences to share with us too.

Thanks for the kind words and for helping so many babies grow and learn to be free. Do glad that you have joined the board.
    Anne
    Wildlife and Squirrel Rescue,Inc.
    Rescuing Fl squirrels since 1979
    Moderator: NFSA Emergency Care
    Wildlife Intake Coordinator and Rehab Consultant at "The Ark Wildlife Care and Sanctuary Inc"
    http://www.thearkwildlifecareandsanctuary.com/

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but learning to how to dance in the rain"

"The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it taken place."
    George Bernard Shaw

"Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear." - Mark Twain

snj79 Guest

So glad you are here. This is a wonderful place. We will look forward to more posts and info from you.

Marty, Licensed Maryland Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

Quote Originally Posted by lilidukes
    It sounds like you have experiences to share with us too.
    Yes, exactly! and and Thrilled to see you here!

Always nice to have another squirrel lover join and what a bonus, you come with great experience!

It's so very nice to "meet" someone like you, with a baggage of experience.

Wish we had people like you around here.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

Jester Guest

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

Another plus for TSB! Welcome! You've made a difference in the lives of so many squirrlies. Keep up the good work!

mugzeezma Guest

Quote Originally Posted by madtowntom
    I just wanted to say how wonderful this Message Board is! As a squirrel lover myself, it is refreshing to see so many other folks who have fallen in love with these amazing tree rodents with tails!

I have been perusing the board for a year or two now, but this is my first post. My wife and I got involved with the local wildlife center 5 years ago and started fostering squirrels 4 years ago. We have now rehabbed over 100 Greys, plus a few Flyers and Pine (Red) Squirrels, in our home. I also coordinate the squirrel releases from the wildlife center, so over the course of last summer I did soft releases on another 75 or so squirrels in local parks/conservancies/backyards. I have frequently utilized the expertise on this Board to help me deal with the inevitable issues that arise when you rehab babies. I also now teach the squirrel rehab class at our center, so that we keep a good supply of new fosters! The very first thing I tell them about is the Squirrel Board – thanks for being here!

I'm in Southern Wisconsin and would be happy to assist with any squirrels in need!
    WOW MADTOWN
    know it, love it!
    So glad to have you aboard!!!

stay posted...we get babies in need sometimes in your area and nowhere to go!
    do you know how the Private Message system works?

Please let me know

virgo062 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mugzeezma
    WOW MADTOWN
    know it, love it!
    So glad to have you aboard!!!

stay posted...we get babies in need sometimes in your area and nowhere to go!
    do you know how the Private Message system works?

Please let me know
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't think I have PM privileges yet. I also am not able to see any of internal links on messages (I miss not being able to see the pics). Is that based on length of "membership" or is there some application process? -- or do you just have to have a certain number of posts without screwing up

mugzeezma Guest

Quote Originally Posted by madtowntom
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't think I have PM privileges yet. I also am not able to see any of internal links on messages (I miss not being able to see the pics). Is that based on length of "membership" or is there some application process? -- or do you just have to have a certain number of posts without screwing up
    You may email me at
    tool_town@hotmail.com

forgot the rules...I'll have to see what the criteria are for new members...it's been awhile.
    I'd LOVE to hear what you have for rehab services in WI...seems to be few and far between

So glad you joined TSB, looking forward to your pics and hearing of your different experiences with these beautiful fuzzers

Exclamation Re: Thanks for being here

I need someone to take in a baby squirrel he’s not doing well and I am ill equipped please email me bsomelchert@gmail.com or call I need help ASAP 414-914-4397

19. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Bsomelchert from:

RockyPops (04-17-2020)

Hello Bsomelchirt! I feel your panic. I hope someone helps you soon.

I was glad you saw this post. This person may be your best bet. So keep checking back often.

And thank you for trying to help this baby.

Can you try to hydrate the baby? There is a homemade pedialyte recipe thats easy to make.

Can you post a picture of the little one?

Edit: I just noticed this is a real old post. Sorry!