Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi.... I want to help

Talking Hi.... I want to help

I graduated from high school and went through all of the vet assisting program. For the past 5 years I have raised squirrels atleast a few a season. I started when a friend of mine introduced me to it my sophomore year and loved it and them. I do not keep them permanently unless they are not able to be released. I raise them and release them when it is safe to do so and they are ready. I have not yet had any who were unreleasable. I am currently for the first time EMPTY!! and would like to volunteer to help. If you need help contact me and I will be monitoring the board to offer my help when necessary. I can take up to 8 pinkies at once and more as they get older and feedings get less often. I have the space and housing for up to 20 if you include room for "teenagers" and outdoor play areas.

mjs

Default Re: Hi.... I want to help

omg, can you pleeeeeeeeeeeze move to New York City? I would die and go to heaven if somebody within 50 miles of me said what you just posted!!!!

Thanks anyway for being there.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Tickle's Mom Guest

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......we have babies all year long!! She's O.U.R.S.

Just wait until Jackie sees this. LOL! You are very near one of our rehabbers (JackieInTampa) who has babies year round. Feel free to send her a pm & offer your help. Welcome! (Wish you were closer to me! I have more than I should right now! )
    Shanon, Squammy to...

W-E-L-C-O-M-E- TSB already LOVES you LOTS
    There are SOOOOOO many Florida folks...esp. Jackie in Tampa that will be keeping your phone number on SPEED DIAL...Thanks for opening your home to the Little Ones...

################################################## ###################

Stosh >>> Keeper of the KING ( of Costa Rica )

VISIT the KING at :

http://<br /> http://thesquirrelboa...27141&page=252

virgo062 Guest

Welcome to the F.A.R.T team

lilidukes Guest

welcome!! i think it is great that someone so young wants to help out!! i have been raising squirrels since i was 13. i love it!!
    You can love them, raise them and let them go.....after that, they are in mother nature's care...........Welcome to the nut house!

Home to Leroy & Lisa ... ...some just know they have it good I guess!

Tara L Guest

Me too!! I am brand spanking new to TSB and do not currently have any little guys (have fostered squirrels and opossums for the past few years.) I am hoping to get some soon & would love to hear from Jackie since I also live in Tampa. I am also trying to find the post regarding the anti-cruelty petition. Forgive me if I am in the wrong place.

Tickle's Mom Guest

Tara and be warned, IR aka: Island Rehabber will try to convince you to move to New Yawk!!

But you are ours !!!!

WELCOME........
    and WE get to ADD ANOTHER ONE to the FLORIDA LIST -

Quote Originally Posted by Tara L
    Me too!! I am brand spanking new to TSB and do not currently have any little guys (have fostered squirrels and opossums for the past few years.) I am hoping to get some soon & would love to hear from Jackie since I also live in Tampa. I am also trying to find the post regarding the anti-cruelty petition. Forgive me if I am in the wrong place.
    Jackie:What ...with all these new VOLUNTEERS... is there a FLORIDA Squad or maybe even a Platoon forming...??

Squad - 9 to 10 soldiers. Typically commanded by a sergeant or staff sergeant, a squad or section is the smallest element in the Army structure, and its size is dependent on its function.

Platoon - 16 to 44 soldiers. A platoon is led by a lieutenant with an NCO as second in command, and consists of two to four squads or sections.

to TSB. Happy to meet you.

Marty, Licensed Maryland Master Wildlife Rehilibitator

Quote Originally Posted by stosh2010
    Jackie:What ...with all these new VOLUNTEERS... is there a FLORIDA Squad or maybe even a Platoon forming...??

Squad - 9 to 10 soldiers. Typically commanded by a sergeant or staff sergeant, a squad or section is the smallest element in the Army structure, and its size is dependent on its function.

Platoon - 16 to 44 soldiers. A platoon is led by a lieutenant with an NCO as second in command, and consists of two to four squads or sections.
    so what do they call 11 thru 15? lol
    You can love them, raise them and let them go.....after that, they are in mother nature's care...........Welcome to the nut house!

Home to Leroy & Lisa ... ...some just know they have it good I guess!

Tara L Guest

Thanks for the friendly welcome! I think the platoon may come in handy for the petition drive. I was checking some of the older posts (re wildlife laws) and was wondering if we had some sort of coalition to help educate others and create a safer environment out there for these little guys.

ps i'm going home to ny in may & ir can find me feeding the fatties in central park!

Tickle's Mom Guest

Just remember where you belong ....we have babies all year long in FLORIDA...where you LIVE.....where you want to STAY...in FLORIDA....where you are needed.......in FLORIDA!!!

Tara L Guest

Wow! You guys can be pretty harsh. Haven't you heard of southern hospitality? Just kidding. I can't leave my little guys for too long. I'm afraid they might forget me.

Tickle's Mom Guest

Wow! You guys can be pretty harsh. Haven't you heard of southern hospitality? Just kidding. I can't leave my little guys for too long. I'm afraid they might forget me.
    Oh shuga, now don't worry your pretty lil head about nuthin. Bless your heart.

How's that?

Tara L Guest

Thanks. I've been trying to work my way around this site, but I can't even put my own name on my buddy list or check out my own profile. What am I missing? ps do you have any opossums? i think i miss them the most.

Tickle's Mom Guest

Thanks. I've been trying to work my way around this site, but I can't even put my own name on my buddy list or check out my own profile. What am I missing? ps do you have any opossums? i think i miss them the most.
    Nope........no possums but I feed five or six every night on my front porch.

I've been on here since November and I still don't know my way around! I just learned to post pictures - kept hitting the wrong submit button. DUUUUHH! There are plenty of members who have possums.....I'll try to find that info for ya.

Tomorrow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast