Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1 week old squirrel need pedialyte recipe

Default Re: 1 week old squirrel need pedialyte recipe

Nancy I will call Debbie right now but I'm leaving to the area I found her to make sure no more have dropped. She wasn't on the ground very long....its mid to high 70's and she was in the sunny. I didn't see any cats around but we do have PLENTY! I was hoping a wound from the fall, but I'll call Debbie she's a rehabber that is on here.

Quote Originally Posted by FallensMommie
    Nancy I will call Debbie right now but I'm leaving to the area I found her to make sure no more have dropped. She wasn't on the ground very long....its mid to high 70's and she was in the sunny. I didn't see any cats around but we do have PLENTY! I was hoping a wound from the fall, but I'll call Debbie she's a rehabber that is on here.
    Thanks honey...please keep us posted...

That IS a nasty wound, FM, but it is knitting together well....might be a good idea for debbie, after she's gotten her stabilized, to start SMP-TMZ just in case she IS cat-caught. If she stll has that dot, she's less than 10 days old.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber
    to start SMP-TMZ
    There I go again, what a dork! I meant SMz- TMP
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

Michelangelo

You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber
    There I go again, what a dork! I meant SMz- TMP
    Are you watching too much of that celebrity gossip channel??? TMZ

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York
    omg, omg, like...that is, like, TOE-tally AWEsome!!!!

No chance.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

Michelangelo

You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

Ok...I have talked to Debbie (miraclesquirrel), she is at work and we are going to meet up tonight at Dr. Emerson's office. Dr. Emerson is Debbie's vet too

I have a 3 yr old girl here who is adamant that I name her Nuts Anyways, no other squirrels, where the nest is no other babies that I see, no mom...raccoon was walking around, so I am happy I found her....just meant to be. Under the nest was a tree that looks like she may have banged around in. When I found her she was flat on her back with all 4 paws in the air...I said oh no a dead baby squirrel and of course I had to investigate and saw her belly breathing...in the complete sun, and temps at 81, I told IR mid 70's but its 81, so I think she was getting cooked. I have her all nice and comfy in Fallens incubator that I used when I raised him

Her mouth is SOOOOO TINY...I have gotten her to urinate, tried pooping but not ready to go just yet and I got a 1/2 cc in her...DROP BY DROP!

Her bruising is showing more...spreading out a little. I hope she is ok, Debbie (miraclesquirrel) will take such good care of her

mpetys Guest

Here she is. It looks like she has bruising in the shoulder area and a little around her nose on the right side Can somebody age her please I'm thinking 3/5 days old?

Here is a link to NutmegMommy's thread about a squirrel in her care that gave birth in her house! http://www.thesquirrelboard.com/foru...hlight=wheezie

Post 66 has a picture of the babies at 2 -3 days old.
    Post 97 has a picture of one of the babies at 4 days old
    Post 119 has pictures of the babies at around 6 - 8 days old

Of course, it was believed that these babies might have been born premature.

Michele

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue04
    i have two of them right now about the same age as yours!! keep us updated on her.

Will do...Thanks! Can you tell me in a PM where you are located for the future? I live south of Daytona Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by mpetys
    Here is a link to NutmegMommy's thread about a squirrel in her care that gave birth in her house! http://www.thesquirrelboard.com/foru...hlight=wheezie

Post 66 has a picture of the babies at 2 -3 days old.
    Post 97 has a picture of one of the babies at 4 days old
    Post 119 has pictures of the babies at around 6 - 8 days old

Of course, it was believed that these babies might have been born premature.

Michele

Thanks Michele, she looks more like the 6-8 days old pics

Ok...I have talked to Debbie (miraclesquirrel), she is at work and we are going to meet up tonight at Dr. Emerson's office. Dr. Emerson is Debbie's vet too

I have a 3 yr old girl here who is adamant that I name her Nuts Anyways, no other squirrels, where the nest is no other babies that I see, no mom...raccoon was walking around, so I am happy I found her....just meant to be. Under the nest was a tree that looks like she may have banged around in. When I found her she was flat on her back with all 4 paws in the air...I said oh no a dead baby squirrel and of course I had to investigate and saw her belly breathing...in the complete sun, and temps at 81, I told IR mid 70's but its 81, so I think she was getting cooked. I have her all nice and comfy in Fallens incubator that I used when I raised him

Her mouth is SOOOOO TINY...I have gotten her to urinate, tried pooping but not ready to go just yet and I got a 1/2 cc in her...DROP BY DROP!

Her bruising is showing more...spreading out a little. I hope she is ok, Debbie (miraclesquirrel) will take such good care of her

Wonderful news. Wow what are the chances of finding a little one that size, they almost blend right in this time of year...at least up here they would, if you could find any ground that wasn't snow covered....then they would stick right out...
    WOW a racoon in daylight is unusual, again at least up here.
    I too am hoping that she is just banged up.
    Thank God you were out today, and that you happened to see her....wonderful. You are her angel, and she is in perfect hands...
    If you see no poops that may indicate that she has not eaten in a while. Perhaps something happened to the mama...

OK....I dropped her off at Dr. Emerson's...Marie, a worker there, is going to care for her as Debbie called and the 2 hr feedings are just to much for her and that perhaps when she is older Debbie will then take over. I should call her Sunshine, Lord only knows she was soaking up the sun...poor thing! She was laying in complete dirt no grass and so red/pink she stuck out like a sore thumb! It was just meant to be as that sun would have beat on her all day and with her stomach breathing the way she was I think the heat was already starting to get to her...poor sweetie

Dr. Emerson is going to look her over with the bruising and that wound. Marie will take her home at night and care for her then take her to work during the day so if there is ever a emergency she wont be far from the Dr....like only a few steps

I feel so good...this is just how its suppose to work! May God heal her and allow her to be a mommy of her own some day

I'll call Marie at the end of the week to give you all a update!

OK....I dropped her off at Dr. Emerson's...Marie, a worker there, is going to care for her as Debbie called and the 2 hr feedings are just to much for her and that perhaps when she is older Debbie will then take over. I should call her Sunshine, Lord only knows she was soaking up the sun...poor thing! She was laying in complete dirt no grass and so red/pink she stuck out like a sore thumb! It was just meant to be as that sun would have beat on her all day and with her stomach breathing the way she was I think the heat was already starting to get to her...poor sweetie

Dr. Emerson is going to look her over with the bruising and that wound. Marie will take her home at night and care for her then take her to work during the day so if there is ever a emergency she wont be far from the Dr....like only a few steps

I feel so good...this is just how its suppose to work! May God heal her and allow her to be a mommy of her own some day

Well lets see for a little injured pinkie squirrel to be raised in the office of one of the most fabulous vets, and by one of Dr. Emerson's workers....I would say that is pretty lucky. Thrilled that you saw this little peanut...OMG she surely would have just died a terrible death.
    Thank you honey so much for doing all that you did for little Sunshine....so appropriate.... And for finding help, and looking for more, wish there were more people like you around!!!!

mpetys Guest

Well lets see for a little injured pinkie squirrel to be raised in the office of one of the most fabulous vets, and by one of Dr. Emerson's workers....I would say that is pretty lucky. Thrilled that you saw this little peanut...OMG she surely would have just died a terrible death.
    Thank you honey so much for doing all that you did for little Sunshine....so appropriate.... And for finding help, and looking for more, wish there were more people like you around!!!!
    I was thinking the same thing! What an incredibly lucky little squirrel this is. I have only heard great things about Dr. Emerson so this baby is, without a doubt, in the best of hands. But FallensMommie is her hero! and mine! Thank you! Poor thing, can't imagine how much longer she could have taken of this Florida sun.

Michele

Thank you Michelle and Nancy...your words mean a lot! I love squirrels ever since I raised Fallen...always will.

Oh and Nancy she did go poop for me and then some

Thank you Michelle and Nancy...your words mean a lot! I love squirrels ever since I raised Fallen...always will.

Oh and Nancy she did go poop for me and then some

Wonderful, so her little belly had something in it...wonder where mama is? If this place is close to you, perhaps you can look again tomorrow for more babies? Just to make sure...
    How can you not fall in love with squirrels with Fallen as your first....that little monkey got you hooked for life, and thank you too Fallen for just being you...

Nancy I will go back there again in the morning...I walk by it on my morning walks....I'll probably go back for a couple of days...maybe overkill but it will make me feel better, lol.

Nancy I will go back there again in the morning...I walk by it on my morning walks....I'll probably go back for a couple of days...maybe overkill but it will make me feel better, lol.
    Awe...that's great. You know...you just never know if something happened to mama they can sure squirm around and easily fall out of the nest looking for food/mama. So if mama is not around there may be more to be found...depends on how hungry the are before they start really searching.....with their eyes closed....
    You're the best.....

FM, if Marie is going to use Fox valley (and I SURE hope she is), she should not be feeding the baby every 2 hrs. At 8 days old she can easily go 3.5-4 hrs between feedings, so she'll be relieved to hear that. I don't even feed the 3-day old pinks every 2 hrs.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

Michelangelo

You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

Thank you Nancy for giving me heads up on this thread Teresa what a sweet baby,,,OH she could not be in better care than Dr. Emerson/and Dr. Pam they saved my Charley Chuckles life [MORE THAN ONCE] and Marie she is just wonderful I thank you every day Teresa for sending me to THE BEST Vets...I just love the entire staff...(are we allowed to give their name ) I am sending prayers to the litttle baby God Bless

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast