Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Year old Siberian Chipmunk needs to find home immediately.

Tickle's Mom Guest

Default Re: 1 Year old Siberian Chipmunk needs to find home immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantasquirrelgirl
    I've got a friend in Chattanooga that can bring it to Atlanta on Friday. I'm driving from Atlanta to Dothan, AL on Sunday. It gets the chippy heading in that direction if anybody can coordinate the rest of the trip.
    They are in Chatanooga too......wonder how far Dothan is from Muffinsquirrel??
    Maybe we can find someone from Dothan to within two hours of MS...she said they can drive two hours but no further.......aaarrrgggghhhhhh

Need locations of everyone!!!!!!

Tickle's Mom Guest

Okay, signing off for the evening. Chet....don't quit on us now. That would be like quitting your senior year in May!!! We are getting closer to getting Flower to her new home. Sleep well and don't worry.

Dothan is 670 miles from Houston, so it is going to require multiple carriers to complete that route.

As an alternate route, wolfysluv could also transport from Chattanooga to Birmingham (only 150 miles), which also moves the chippy closer to Muffin. That might open up more possibilities.

I may not be monitoring this thread regularly going forward. If anybody needs me, send me a PM.
    Virginia Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitator (formerly Georgia)

Tickle's Mom Guest

Quote Originally Posted by atlantasquirrelgirl
    As an alternate route, wolfysluv could also transport from Chattanooga to Birmingham (only 150 miles), which also moves the chippy closer to Muffin. That might open up more possibilities.

It is so great, the way everyone is trying to get Flower down here. I am about 25 miles above Beaumont, TX., and about 100 miles east of Houston....pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

I just want Flower to get a good home where she can be as anti-social as she wants to be - I don't care if it's here with me, or with someone else that can provide what she needs. I can give her a home where she can be in a large, outdoor cage where she can dig and climb to her heart's content, with no people bothering her, for the rest of her life.

My outdoor cages average around 4'X8'X7' high. Down here in southeast Texas, rocks do not exist except in landscaping stores. But what we DO have is lots of trees, so she would have a few rocks and as big of a woodpile as she wants. All of my cages have concrete patio paver floors in them, but I can throw in a couple of feet of dirt on top of it for digging. All I can do is promise that I will give her the best care I can, regular balanced meals, and plenty of places to make as many dens as she wants. And I will spend time every day admiring her and talking to her - I like chipmunks.

muffinsquirrel
    The Southeast Texas Acorn Academy

Already we have hickory nuts, black walnuts, pecan nuts, peanuts, hazel nuts, oak nuts, beech nuts, chestnuts.......and now you're here!

http://www.nfsa.us/phpBB2/index.php

yeah we live in chattanooga! and ive decided that im going to listen to my second thoughts and hold out till a plan is thought out to get her a "for sure" loving home ....so no more florida dude and im going to crash after this and talk tommarow thanks to all the extreme work and research ..nite nite
    chet
    Wolfy
    Chippie granny to Flower!

Hey guys can I put a very neglected flying squirrel on this squirrel train?

Quote Originally Posted by muffinsquirrel
    It is so great, the way everyone is trying to get Flower down here. I am about 25 miles above Beaumont, TX., and about 100 miles east of Houston....pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

I just want Flower to get a good home where she can be as anti-social as she wants to be - I don't care if it's here with me, or with someone else that can provide what she needs. I can give her a home where she can be in a large, outdoor cage where she can dig and climb to her heart's content, with no people bothering her, for the rest of her life.

My outdoor cages average around 4'X8'X7' high. Down here in southeast Texas, rocks do not exist except in landscaping stores. But what we DO have is lots of trees, so she would have a few rocks and as big of a woodpile as she wants. All of my cages have concrete patio paver floors in them, but I can throw in a couple of feet of dirt on top of it for digging. All I can do is promise that I will give her the best care I can, regular balanced meals, and plenty of places to make as many dens as she wants. And I will spend time every day admiring her and talking to her - I like chipmunks.

muffinsquirrel
    Fantastic Muffinsquirrel, it sounds like Flowers dream home. I would be very happy if one of my babies went to a home like this.

Chippies love to dig so its perfect and plenty of space. I really hope Flower goes to you.

Quote Originally Posted by muffinsquirrel

muffinsquirrel
    You are the perfect home and chipmama...just perfect! Now we just have to find members to help get her to you...Let me get some coffe into me, feed the squirrel kids, and see what's going on here this morning....
    Thank you muffinsquirrel for opening up your home yet again....and Flower's home sounds just ideal!!! You're my hero....

Tickle's Mom Guest

When I get to work at 8 am ET, we will work on getting her to you. Need to know how far you are willing to travel so Chet, my offer is still there if you want to drive and spend the night if needed. If MS drives no more than two hours towards you, where will that be? We can go from there with your traveling.....

A better home could not be had....so happy this little girl WILL go to Muffin.

What's up w/the flyer? Does it need to get to Judy, too (I don't think she would have a problem taking it, if so. I hope I didn't speak out of turn, but I don't think she would mind. Oh Muffin......can you squeeze another flyer in???)
    President--Meemor Anonymous,
    Mary...
    MISS YOU NUT, LOVE YOU FOREVER.
    BEAN, NOW IN HEAVEN BUT FOREVER IN MY HEART,
    I AM A BETTER PERSON FOR HAVING LOVED YOU.
    BUDDY...YOU WERE MY BEST FRIEND AND I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER.
    PEANUT...YOU CHANGED ME FOREVER..AND TOOK MY HEART WHEN YOU LEFT.
    I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER AND A DAY.

Tickle's Mom Guest

First of all, I am clueless as to distances but if I did this half-way right with Google maps, there is approx 600 miles between you. 300 each way for each person involved IF you were to do this yourselves, with help for gas, etc. Approx 4 hours each way.

Chet was going to drive approx 175 miles each way yesterday to get Flower to that other person.....

So, we need some ideas and some help on getting this Chattanooga Choo Choo headed out ASAP!!

MuffinSquirrel's offer is the very best option for Flower I have heard.
    Let's please find a way to make this happen.

I can't offer to help with the drive, but I am happy to contribute to the cost of travel.

I will keep all fingers and toes crossed while I pray incessantly that this will come to fruition!!!

Throwing one more idea out there...
    If anyone wants to look into 'pet transport' for any leg of the trip that remains open.
    I know there are air and ground options.
    I have never used any type of pet transport in my life, so I know nothing about cost or experience,
    but it's worth a look and see if someone wants to Google it.

Tickle's Mom Guest

Quote Originally Posted by djarenspace9
    MuffinSquirrel's offer is the very best option for Flower I have heard.
    Let's please find a way to make this happen.

I can't offer to help with the drive, but I am happy to contribute to the cost of travel.

I will keep all fingers and toes crossed while I pray incessantly that this will come to fruition!!!

I just looked at what AS suggested too....if Chet can get to Birmingham, and we could find someone to take the leg from Birmingham to New Orleans, then New Orleans to MS. Just thinking here...I'm hoping after all of this stress, Chet needs a VACATION to Texas.....at least for the day or two

I can drive up to Marshall, TX for a pickup, then deliver to Muffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle's Mom

I just looked at what AS suggested too....if Chet can get to Birmingham, and we could find someone to take the leg from Birmingham to New Orleans, then New Orleans to MS. Just thinking here...I'm hoping after all of this stress, Chet needs a VACATION to Texas.....at least for the day or two
    Will you be joining him???

Tickle's Mom Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Skul
    I can drive up to Marshall, TX for a pickup, then deliver to Muffin.
    Okay.. .thanks....waiting on those involved to come on the board to see what they are willing to do. Now, let me go see where Marshall TX is

Tickle's Mom Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy in New York
    Will you be joining him???
    I wanted to go to Texas this week but.....DALLAS!! I'm a football junkie!

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle's Mom
    I wanted to go to Texas this week but.....DALLAS!! I'm a football junkie!
    So we can count you out for the emergencies Sunday?
    T.A.R.U. Closed for the day!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast