Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Year old Siberian Chipmunk needs to find home immediately.

Default 1 Year old Siberian Chipmunk needs to find home immediately.

The story is in the thread below
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=26804

The bottom line is now Flower has gotten aggressive and is unable to come out of her cage, perhaps adding to her aggression, because her cage is small. My son needs to find a wonderful home for her. He has worked with her in the past to get her back to her sweet self, but when she turned aggressive again in the fall, that is when he started thinking of giving her to someone that can give her more time and the life she needs. He is 22 and doesn’t have the patience or desire to go through this again with her and owning a "wild animal". We have been in the wrong section on this board for the past few months looking for help. He is very much attached to her, and researched and waited up to an entire year before buying her. This was an unforeseen problem that arose, and he is just trying to do right by her now.

Tomorrow is the day that she will be going to a person that I just do not feel good about. My son has tried so many avenues to find the perfect home for Flower and gotten nowhere.

If there is anyone out there that can help, this is an emergency. I do not want to see Flower placed with a person who may use her for strictly breeding or with a question about his place/character. She has been a faithful pet, but since she got out of her cage for one full day in the house, it is almost as if she got a taste of freedom, and turned her into a different chipmunk. Chet has tried for six months dutifully every day to rectify the situation and tried everyones advice on this board.

At the urging of some members, I have moved this thread to this area. My son had found a taker for her and today was suppose to turn her over. I urged him to please hold off...something just didn't seem right and I was getting numerous messages about this person. Now I just hope that I can find the "right" person to love Flower and give her the home she deserves.

Please if there is anyone who can help with this situation….please speak up now…we are desperate for help.
    Wolfy
    Chippie granny to Flower!

Default Re: 1 Year old Siberian Chipmunk needs to find home immediately.

muffinsquirrel wants her but we need a train .... or something....

either that or someone else .....

or can we raise money for airfare for her ...could she go as carryon luggage if someone would take her.....

wofly I feel so sorry for you ... i think you've been trying to get her a home since last october.....

for you and chet....

(does anyone know the main city where muffin is closest to ... i don't want to give away her privacy....

wofly what is your main city? .....

just so we know from where to where.....

Silvana..

tip for flyer parents.... Flying Squirrels need meat every single day (mealworms/waxworms/cooked chicken breast)

We do need to get something going...October is a long time to wait...but I think this will get the most attention here now...so fingers crossed...let's get this Chippie home.....

Tickle's Mom Guest

I have tried to reach muffin......can anybody get to her by phone? I also spoke to Wolfy about flying......we have go to do something to get her to Muffin ASAP.

Wolfy....is the cage size a big issue for you/Chet right now? If she is in a larger cage, could/would you keep her for a longer period of time?

Some rehabbers in Kentucky are also working on this but it takes hours.....maybe a day.
    Hang on Chet!

muffin has been having computer problems....

i think she lives near houston... (i don't want to give away her exact city ... i don't want anyone hassling her.... lurkers etc... )

it's about 6 hours from sherman tx ...closest main city to oklahoma through to houston ....

Silvana..

tip for flyer parents.... Flying Squirrels need meat every single day (mealworms/waxworms/cooked chicken breast)

Tickle's Mom Guest

Can anybody call her on the phone???

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle's Mom
    Can anybody call her on the phone???
    That would be a great idea...I think I saw her on here earlier...let me check. So many threads to go through...

OK it was yesterday that she was on...here is what she wrote...

"Sorry I haven't been in touch - computer problems are still haunting me. Every time I think it's fixed, it isn't! I should be in touch more now - I have a 'loaner' computer until mine gets fixed.

I still would love to have Flower if we could just get her here. I'm sorry to say that neither Lance nor I can do a lot of driving - about an hour or two is all we can manage. And when baby season gets here, we won't even be able to do that.....instead of 24 hour days, we suddenly have 2 or 3 hour days and no nights at all, and many many hungry mouths wide open and calling us, wanting constant breakfasts, wanting it hot, and wanting it NOW!!!! "

muffinsquirrel

Tickle's Mom Guest

[QUOTE=gs1]muffin has been having computer problems....

i think she lives near houston... (i don't want to give away her exact city ... i don't want anyone hassling her.... lurkers etc... )

Can you contact her for us? No hassling, just need her input to get Flower to her.

[QUOTE=Tickle's Mom]
    Quote Originally Posted by gs1
    muffin has been having computer problems....

Can you contact her for us? No hassling, just need her input to get Flower to her.
    no i don't have any contact for her ... but ardilla and skuls do .... and i've pmd them ....

tickles mom ... i don't mean that the tsb members would be hassling her .....

Silvana..

Tickle's Mom Guest

Hey guys, just a reminder .....we are not alone while reading this thread.
    ALL members can read it all...it's a public forum....just had to get that said.
    Now, back to finding Flower the HOME where she NEEDS to be...a home.

Hey guys, just a reminder .....we are not alone while reading this thread.
    ALL members can read it all...it's a public forum....just had to get that said.
    Now, back to finding Flower the HOME where she NEEDS to be...a home.

Good reminder...I keep forgetting that eveyone that can read this or any thread, doesn't always have the animals best interest at heart...

Name:  Whereareyou.gif
Views: 184
Size:  46.0 KB
    Tickle's Mom, do you think it was something we said...

Hi Wolfysluv, i really wish i could of helped, if you had of lived in the U.K. i could of helped you find a home for her but i don't know many people in the U.S. wanting Chipmunks, Chippies are much more popular in the U.K. and more common as pets.

I think Muffin sounds good i don't like the sound of this guy you mentioned doesn't sound a good home. I'm sure you want the best for Flower, good luck finding her a loving forever home.

I read about finding the Dog Samson a home so know good things happen on this board

Any takers on flying her to the UK?????

Tickle's Mom Guest

Howdy pod-ner, looks like it's just you and me!!!!

Howdy pod-ner, looks like it's just you and me!!!!

You know the next rescue....we are working solo...

we need to know what the route to houston is ...and if we've any members there...

i know that texas is a big state...lol....

but who's from there ....

skulls...

muffin....

lookmomchickens....

ardilla .... (but ardilla is further out than any of them .... so she can't help...)

tex squirrel was from there too ... but she's mia....

ok ... i think i exhausted my knowledge of all things texan....

TICKLES MOM ... need to empty your box out.....

Silvana..

Tickle's Mom Guest

I did

WHERE THE HECK IS EVERYONE INVOLVED?????

I did

WHERE THE HECK IS EVERYONE INVOLVED?????

We're here....
    Hope they weren't scared away by lurkers...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast