Thread: MBD symptoms

Question MBD symptoms

(Ref: Non Life Threatening Help Needed - Squirrel, possible heart failure? )

I have been researching articles all over the internet on MBD and the one thing that seems to be consistent is:
    (The first signs of MBD are lethargy and lots of sleeping. The squirrel will be in pain, so it won't want to move much)

I'm a little confused here?? Both my babies were very active up to their "seizures". They would run around, play and wrestle with each other. Hang by their back legs, do flips. (Which I loved to watch them do) If you opened their cage door they would be up your shirt and in your hair before you could turn around. They would make such a ruckus playing during the evening you could barely hear the t.v. We would have to turn out the lights and put a cover over them to get them to settle down.
    As I stated, this behavior was right up to and the day of the seizure. What are your thoughts on that?
    ~stepnstone~

Default Re: MBD symptoms

Sometimes they just seemingly 'crash' out of nowhere. The fact your baby seems to be making improvement points to it most likely being MBD.
    President--Meemor Anonymous,
    Mary...
    MISS YOU NUT, LOVE YOU FOREVER.
    BEAN, NOW IN HEAVEN BUT FOREVER IN MY HEART,
    I AM A BETTER PERSON FOR HAVING LOVED YOU.
    BUDDY...YOU WERE MY BEST FRIEND AND I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER.
    PEANUT...YOU CHANGED ME FOREVER..AND TOOK MY HEART WHEN YOU LEFT.
    I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER AND A DAY.

Default Re: MBD symptoms

Prey animals are hard wired to look and act normal even when ill so they don't get selected as lunch. Your babies may have had periods that you didn't see where they WERE lethargic, but were putting on a good face for you. They are individuals, too, some are more stoic than others. We have seen as many sudden crashed as we have the slow, lethargic progress here. I wish the little sweetie you lost had been less of a trooper and more of a baby so you could have had a chance to save her. And I am so glad you are starting to see progress with her sister.

Unhappy Re: MBD symptoms

Thanks for the replies...
    I too wish the little one would have given an understandable sign all was not well as I watch(ed) them all the time.
    I suppose I just need to be thankful that I happened to be standing right there when it happened to the other one.
    ...But I still grieve over the loss.