Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MBD housing and hydration

Tickle's Mom Guest

Default Re: MBD housing and hydration

I am very NEW to squirrels and very new to MBD so I would read the threads on MBD and rely on the senior members for advice. BUT BUT BUT, in my opinion, they can NEVER be released. If a squirrel is paralyzed, they have NO chance whatsoever of making it outside of a controlled environment. How could they? What you re doing is absolutely wonderful for Winnie....you are her guardian angel. If you cannot keep Winnie, let someone know and a rehabber in your area can be found.

Jackie in Tampa has a paralyzed squirrel also and others on here are a wealth of information and help. I spent days, and still do, reading all I can on paralyzed squirrels and squirrels in general. It's a lot to take in, at least for me. Don't be afraid to ask for help and remember, there are no "stupid" questions.....ever. Sounds like you are doing a lot of correct things for Winnie. In fact, I bought some cream this morning just in case she develops sores! Thank you for that piece of info!

Tickle's Mom Guest

Are you making sure Winnie has calcium every day according to the recommendations on MBD? That is very very important.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle's Mom
    Are you making sure Winnie has calcium every day according to the recommendations on MBD? That is very very important.

And not just calcium - vitamin D is required so they can process the calcium, and magnesium is also central to bone development, and those two items seem to get short shrift. This is why it is nice if you can get your MBD squirrel on Fox Valley - it supplies the additional vitamins and minerals needed plus more calcium.

Tickle's Mom Guest

Isn't FV part of the MBD protocol? I sure thought so... Tickle still refuses to eat anything good for her on her own...she pees on everything that's good for her

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.