Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neighbor Trapping Squirrels Outside & Killing Them

Default Re: Neighbor Trapping Squirrels Outside & Killing Them

excuse my French, bastard. How about, having someone look after your flyers for a while (several mths maybe, and report this evil swine.

If he tells the authority that you keep squirrels wont he look like a fool then.

virgo062 Guest

Now I don't know much about flyers.....But can't those be purchased from a Breeder? If so then they would be legit. AND do you really think the Cops would know the difference.B Assertive, B Direct, B a Beotch and turn him in Also halloween is just around the corner A good toilet paper tantrum in his yard would certainly make me sleep good fro at least ONE NIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by virgo062
    Now I don't know much about flyers.....But can't those be purchased from a Breeder? If so then they would be legit. AND do you really think the Cops would know the difference.B Assertive, B Direct, B a Beotch and turn him in Also halloween is just around the corner A good toilet paper tantrum in his yard would certainly make me sleep good fro at least ONE NIGHT
    and some good mignight egging, too...

Chemist Guest

You can also report him and not worry about your flyers. Just remember that you NEVER have to let any authority into your home unless they have a warrant. I highly doubt that anyone will go to the trouble over your squirrels.

i would report this idiot in a second to the authorities! what happens if he shoots a child, cat, dog, etc. by accident? he is just plain evil!

he will get his KARMA!

REPORT him ASAP!

what an A$$!

Countess O Guest

They can't come into your home without a warrant and as long as you don't admit you have them it's his word against yours. He'll look bad, imo. I would just call, set them free, sprinkle whatever or trip his traps. What can he do? Call the authorities? lol Seems he would be shooting himself in the foot.

Of course I'm a little more brazen than most. I used to beat boys up for killing frogs when I was little. It seems to have gotten worse with age.

Also, You could make it seem like you are helping him with solutions to his "vermin" problem. You're doing him a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointy Tale
    Hi, I just wanted to pass along something else I found and hope it's helpful to you:
    I got this recipe for my garden way back. This works very well. I cook it up in a big propane pot out side Then I cool and store in gallon jug container. When I use this I pour it through a strainer into a squirt bottle then spray away. It WORKS

One other thing as food for thought: All the great suggestions above focus on his current [despicable] behavior --> getting rid of all the squirrels. None yet address the reason he is trying to get rid of the squirrels in the first place.

If he is remotely receptive, perhaps you could help him with remedies to squirrel proof his house so that he does not see them as such a destructive threat. Educate him, help him, "sympathize" with the attic destruction, whatever it takes, because it is very likely he will find ways around all the attempts to sabotage his trap.

???

Food for thought. [Might not work.]

Pierre is so correct.
    I had a run in with my nieghbor and putting poison blocks out on top of a privacy fence to kill fruit rats. I was so upset that I was planning on removing the poison everytime he put it back out. I am happy to say this couple was very nice about removing the poison because it could kill many types of wild life including the poor rats. They did think it was adorable that I re-hab baby squirrels and long story short, apologized and removed the poison. He did secure his soffit and facsia instead and has had no more problems.
    I got very lucky here though and was ready for a big fight if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre
    One other thing as food for thought: All the great suggestions above focus on his current [despicable] behavior --> getting rid of all the squirrels. None yet address the reason he is trying to get rid of the squirrels in the first place.

If he is remotely receptive, perhaps you could help him with remedies to squirrel proof his house so that he does not see them as such a destructive threat. Educate him, help him, "sympathize" with the attic destruction, whatever it takes, because it is very likely he will find ways around all the attempts to sabotage his trap.

???

A very good point... but, personally, I would be happily surprised if someone who can shoot a tiny creature at a gun point can be receptive to any suggestions... Reporting seems as the best option; once he pays the fine, he, himself, might start thinking of squirrel-proofing his house... instead of paying another fine...
    ... but, as I said, I will be happy to be wrong in this case...

Kristal Guest

The most permanent and best solution would be reasoning with him, if at all possible. You could put some pressure on about the noise, say that neighbours are complaining about it, even concerned for their kids. Maybe mention that your daughter finds it upsetting and that not all the squirrels are nesting in his attic, so it is not fair... That a lot of neighbours like the squirrels, and that he is not making friends this way. And then you could suggest a solution that would be less of a hassle for him. It could including researching squirrel proofing of homes and offer to help him do it. Perhaps tell him about squirrel repellent, also, if it seems to be going well enough that you won't need to use it on his traps. You could tell him that eastern greys normally have 4 - 8 kits a year and up to 16 in very good years, and that if he creates a squirrel vacuum in the local ecosystem the only thing that will happen is that more kits will survive and grow up because their moms are getting a lot of food. It is a losing proposition for him on all sides, and unless he is a perfect sadist, an absolute moron or otherwise cognitively impaired such as usually drunk or stoned, he should be able to see that if if is explained to him intelligently.

If he is any of those three things or just a simple a$$hole, then probably the best thing is to report it because there will be something else coming from him down the road, and it is good that the authorities have a file on him for previous infractions. The only way to deal with a true bully is to stand up to him with whatever resources are at your disposal.

I'm sorry about your situation, and I have a similar neighbour . I know how extremely stressful it can be to live next to such a person. That's how I got my orphans in the first place. My neighbour doesn't make a habit of killing squirrels, but he is a violent drunk, and the squirrels crossed his drunken path one sad day. Horrible neighbours are the absolute worst. I was so scared to stand up to mine... never know what he would do. He can be pretty crazy when he is really drunk. But, since I did, he has left me alone almost totally. That is really the only way to deal with a bully, unfortunately.

Also, I very much doubt that the authorities would be interested in your pets. They are well cared for and are not hurting anyone. They have better things to do, I would think.

Be like Shultz on Hogan's Heroes when it comes to your own squirrels - you know nothing!!!

Everyone is right, the authorities can't come into your home w/o probable cause and some dipsh%&'s word over yours is not enough cause. Don't be afraid of him or what could happen if you report him. Do it in secret if you want...and if not, then let one of us on the TSB do it. But it needs to be done.

Where's Jackie? She'd kick this guy's tail in two seconds!!! Oh Jackie!!!!! We need you!!!!!!!

Idiots and guns are a bad mix!!! Unfortunately they never shoot themselves in their own rear...which they so deserve!!!!

Shove the fear away and step up for the defenseless squirrels before more have to die. You can do it...or we here on the board can. Either way, it must be done!

Ok...I've had my PMS moment...but seriously, stop this idiot. Seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by NutmegsMommy
    Be like Shultz on Hogan's Heroes when it comes to your own squirrels - you know nothing!!!

Everyone is right, the authorities can't come into your home w/o probable cause and some dipsh%&'s word over yours is not enough cause. Don't be afraid of him or what could happen if you report him. Do it in secret if you want...and if not, then let one of us on the TSB do it. But it needs to be done.

Where's Jackie? She'd kick this guy's tail in two seconds!!! Oh Jackie!!!!! We need you!!!!!!!

Idiots and guns are a bad mix!!! Unfortunately they never shoot themselves in their own rear...which they so deserve!!!!

Shove the fear away and step up for the defenseless squirrels before more have to die. You can do it...or we here on the board can. Either way, it must be done!

Ok...I've had my PMS moment...but seriously, stop this idiot. Seriously!

mpetys Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre

???

Thank you Pierre for a great suggestion. Better to win him over with kindness and maybe he will in turn realize how horrible what he is doing is and in turn, will have a change of heart and be kind to the squirrels. Wouldn't that be great if he had such a change of heart that he even wanted to put up squirrel nest boxes for them? We can hope can't we?

Michele

this guy is a punk killing off helpless critters!

there are other things he could do to secure his attic more humanely! instead of keeping out a couple of squirrels, he is killing off many! he is an A$$!

i would report him in a second. do not fear him or what he can do to you!

we have to look out for those who are unable to protect themselves whether a human or animal!

i could not sleep a wink knowing what he is doing next door!

he is LUCKY he is NOT my neighbor as it would be STOPPED one way or the other! he is just a JERK!

report his insane A$$! if not, there are many here on the Board who would love to assist you and the defenseless squirrels! i will be more than happy to make a call to the authorities from san francisco!

it would be just too bad if he trips on one of his killing trips to the backyard!

FlyerMommy Guest

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner computer problems.

Thank You for all the great input. I'll try to respond to all the great advice, and suggestions. Also I've been keeping check on the trap, and no little critters caught so far. Maybe the human pee is working

As far as turning him in anonymously, this is a very small neighborhood. The lots are less than 1/2 acre, there are only 10 houses on my street, and maybe 25 houses in the whole neighborhood. On my street everyone knows each other. When I first had my home built here 10 years ago, I knew everyone on this street, and we used to have cookouts together. But about 8 years ago I remarried and leased my house for 6 years. Two years ago I separated and moved back to this neighborhood. There is only one of the original couples that still live on this street, everyone else is new to me. The people who were leasing my house had made friends with everyone, so since they had to move out it made me the BLACKSHEEP of the neighborhood. The one couple I know from when I first built my home still has cookouts, but I'm never invited.

As far as letting someone else take care of my Flyers (fuzzy kids), I have no one close by that can do it. Plus there cage is very large, it's a Critter Nation 2 tier 36L 24W 63H. It would be fun to try to move it out of the house unseen. I have 4 male flyers, they are brothers. I caught them in my attic in a humane mouse trap that scoops them in when they trip the center button of the trap. I caught the 4 boys 1st, then the mother who was to long for the trap. She only made it half way in when it tripped, and she didn't make it. I felt so bad about what I had done, and cried for a while. Then I made her a promise that I would take good care of her babies. At that time I knew nothing about flyers, but thanks to TSB I've learned a lot.

I was hoping that someone who lived in NC may have a girl flyer to maybe sale or trade. My boys are about a year old.

I'm checking on firearm discharge, and if it is legal in NC to trap and kill squirrels. If there are any NC rehabbers here, maybe they would know about it.

I also love the idea with Halloween coming up and breaking the cage, along with some other nasty little tricks, TP the yard & trees, pile dog pooh on front porch, get a couple of dozen eggs, and the one thing I've always wanted to do to someone who deserved it Take a Bottle of Weed Killer and Write Something Real Nice Across the Front Yard. This is one person who really deserves the works. This way it would be blamed on mischievous kids.

The reason why he's getting rid of the squirrels is because 2 of them had gotten into his attic. He got them out ,and found out who they got in and fixed it. When I first saw what he was doing I tried talking to him. I even told him if he was killing Mother squirrels all the babies in the nest would die too. He said good, that would mean less around here. On top of trapping them he has a bird feeder in his backyard.

For right now I'm checking the trap about every hour. Right now he has it sitting under a tree, just barely on his side of the property line. I can see it by looking out my side door window. I just hope they don't come out at night looking for food. The spacing in the bars on the cage are to big to trap flyers, thank goodness.

Everyone Thank You,
    Flyermommy

FlyerMommy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lilidukes
    you could try sprinkling cinnamon around or breaking up cinnamon sticks

I would like to him down after catching him in a trap

I would love to do the same thing to him

Flyermommy

FlyerMommy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lizharrell1
    I've got a taser.....wanna borrow it?

And taser his pea nuts

Flyermommy

FlyerMommy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NutmegsMommy
    Private Message me his address and I'll say I was visiting a relative in the area and saw him killing the squirrels. I'll gladly turn that turd in - no problem. I'll await your PM.

Thanks, and wish it would work, but everyone knows everyone else.

Flyermommy

FlyerMommy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by virgo062

Flyers are not legal to keep in NC. Mine where to use to humans and even are dogs, before I knew enough about them to release them.

But I love the Halloween suggestion, and plan on using it.

Flyermommy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.