Thread: Vet in Huntsville Alabama???

Default Vet in Huntsville Alabama???

Howdy,

We have a new member who's got a 12 week old squirrel who seems to be suffering from MBD and after three or four days of the emergency treatment hasn't regained mobility. I'm wondering if there's a squirrel-friendly vet that she could see. She's willing to keep the squirrel if it gains some mobility but wants to put it to sleep if it doesn't. The thread is below. Please respond to it if you know of a vet in the area or might be able to help. Thanks.

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=38119

Default Re: Vet in Huntsville Alabama???

i posted the following maybe it will help. (i hope i have my U.S. geography correct ... i think the cities line up .... i hope so....)

Quote Originally Posted by gs1
    this member is from atlanta ... if you can contact her ..... maybe she can help.http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/member.php?u=7140

the following quote comes from this thread which is also another mbd squirrel from http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...t=38159&page=2

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnsmommy19
    I have a squirrel friendly vet that will see him.. If you let me take him i have antibiotics and pain meds on hand....I also have proper resources to raise and release him

Silvana..

tip for flyer parents.... Flying Squirrels need meat every single day (mealworms/waxworms/cooked chicken breast)

Thanks. Hopefully we can get her help from someone here. I just wonder if this is the right place to find someone or if this would be better off posted to Rehab Information and Locations.

Jackie in Tampa is offline Left TSB to start her own Board

I know of a sq safe vet in Cobert County Alabama.
    He was refered by a member that uses him.
    PM me for info if interested.
    Good luck, MBD is treatable, please follow the protocol
    and the advise you are getting.
    PS calcium injections are not the answer, calcium is water soluble and you would need injections everyday.
    A vet is going to offer blood work in order to set a protocol... unless she has injured her spine, calcium is the proper treatment.
    If she HAS injured her sine, prednisone is needed asap.
    You need to bulk up her healthy intake, absolutely no junk, her tummy is too small to fill with empty food choices.
    get well little sq.