Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lulu

Default Re: Lulu

I just wanted to add that last night I noticed Lulu's fuzzy fine textured hair had a rougher feel to it. Then, I was looking at her this afternoon and noticed that it seems like her adult hair is finally coming in. I think she might have bald spots bc it's not coming in quite as fast as she's shedding it. I'll post my pics this weekend. I have to finish a paper that's due for class this week.
    They should have a "failure to thrive" section on here. That would be helpful. I've never had a squirrel develop this way and I've been frantically searching for info. I've had no luck figuring out her problem until I found this forum. I'm so thankful for such wonderful members.

Miki is not a big eater. SHe loves HHBs. Doesnt like any other kind of Rodent block. But will Nibble on Pecans and Acorns. As well as Sweet potatoe and Avacado and Loves the salad mixes with Dill in them. Buts she is a Micro eater. Nibbles but doesnt eat as much As Hickory.

Miki looks like a normal squirrel she is Just TINY! she is in no way out of Proportion shes not Fat or skinny. Just mini. LOL but I think by springs she will be big enough for release!

I have ot get a more recent shot of her beside my other kids!

DO you have any pics of Lulu with her siblings?

Lol! She is soooooo cute! She does remind me of Lulu but I don't think Lulu's tail is that bushy. I am thinking Lulu will be ok but I may have to keep her a bit longer than I normally would. Our winters are pretty mild but I may keep her until spring just in case. Even if she seems ok before it gets too cold. I can tell your little one is little, but I feel the same way, that you can't tell Lulu is little unless you see her next to another squirrel that's bigger than her and younger. Then you really see it.

wildlife ma Guest

I am a new member and have been reading the thread on down's syndrome squirrels with interest. I actually found this site when I was looking for info on down's since I have a squirrel that is about the third of size of what he should be at 12 weeks. He has been slow to eat solids and is still on formula. My other squirrels I rehab are starting to wean by this age although this season they ALL have been taking longer. I guess my question is how different do they actually look since "Parker" looks like a miniature squirrel to me but when he was younger, his eyes seemer to look like they were placed lower in his face. He had difficulty taking formula when he was younger and easily aspirated but I don't think lack of nutrition is causing him to be so small. Dwarfism was mentioned in the thread and I was wondering if anyone has info on that condition.

here are some pics of lumpy, he didn't change much after these pics, he was about 7 weeks here
    Attached Images Attached Images    

All of the posts prior I had suspected Lulu had Downs, but I'm certain now that she does not. She started eating solids about 12 weeks old (not very well). Now she is just over 15 weeks and eats very well though she still suckles her food before she chows down. She has grown drastically in the last few weeks but is still very small for her age and still has the tail of a 5 week old. It's proportionate to her body just is that light color hair that lays flat to the tail. It's not bushy at all. She is moving on to Fox Valley formula and we just got HHB's in so I'm hoping that giving her more of what she needs will give her that boost to get where she needs to be size wise. I'm am very slack but I will try to get my pics up soon.

wildlife ma Guest

Lumpy is adorable! My Parker's eyes looked similiar when he was around 7 weeks but he looks more normal now I guess except he is only 100 grams so is very small for 12 weeks. But he kinda seems a little long in his body. I put him next to the squirrel Beany Baby and that's how big he is. He also had the soft fur called "kitten fur" when he was a lot smaller but it now looks pretty normal also. I have a not so good photo at I think around 8 weeks and I need to take some more. I usually take tons of photos of all my squirrels...they are so precious when they are all curled up and sleeping.....just haven't found the time. I had 20 babies to take care of this fall season.

Since my goal is to preserve my rehabbed squirrel's wildness to give them the best chance of survival when released, I don't handle them after weaning but I'm going to enjoy giving Parker lots of attention since there is no way he is releasable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123